2017 stock picking competition — February update
Back in December 2016 we sent the call out for your picks for the 2017 calendar year. We’re comparing the performance of the most popular picks from the Sharesight customer base, the Livewire readership, and some of Australia’s top fund managers -- and of course tracking them in Sharesight.
Here are the portfolios for each group, which consist of the 5 stocks that received the most votes:
|Retail Food Group||RFG|
|Ramsay Health Care||RHC|
So far the Sharesight customers are outperforming both the Livewire readers and the expert fund managers. The Sharesight portfolio is also the only portfolio to have so far beaten the ASX 200 (as tracked by the ETF STW):
|Portfolio||Total Return %||Total Return $|
The best performer in the Sharesight portfolio has been Vocus Group, returning over 18%. The worst performer has been Retail Food Group, down nearly 9%.
For Livewire, the best performer has been BHP, delivering over 3%. The worst performer has been Altium, losing almost 8%.
And for the Fund Managers, their best pick has so far been Imdex, producing over 16% gain with Event Hospitality down almost 11%.
- We’ve "invested" $100,000 in each holding while assuming a brokerage fee for each buy transaction of $9.95.
- All dividends are/will be included in the total performance calculation, and are reinvested. Total performance also factors in currency effects.
- Performance figures are total return (versus annualised) as none of the portfolio positions has been held for longer than one year.
- The benchmark return figure assumes that all $500,000 was invested in the benchmark ETF.
- 2017 stock picking competition
- 2017 stock picking competition - survey results
- 2017 stock picking competition - February update
- 2017 stock picking competition - April update
- 2017 stock picking competition - July update
- 2017 stock picking competition - October update
- 2017 stock picking competition — final results
How InstructAnt improves client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.
Sharesight product updates – September 2023
Major updates for the past month include the rollout of our new exposure report, plus support for five new brokers and over 80,000 Luxembourg funds.