Track over 12,000 AU/NZ managed funds with Sharesight
With Sharesight, investors can track the price and performance of over 12,000 Australian managed funds and mFunds, plus more than 700 New Zealand funds, along with support for thousands of other global funds, stocks and ETFs. This makes it easy for Australian and New Zealand investors to track managed funds along with all the rest of their investments, while taking advantage of Sharesight’s award-winning performance, dividend tracking and tax reporting features. To learn more about how you can track Australian and New Zealand managed funds with Sharesight, keep reading.
Why investors should track managed funds with Sharesight
Sharesight users can automatically track thousands of Australian and New Zealand funds, including corporate superannuation, wholesale trusts, pension funds, Kiwisaver funds and even some superannuation pension funds. And unlike some legacy offline portfolio systems, there is no extra charge for managed fund data. This means investors can easily track the performance of their managed fund investments along with the rest of their portfolio. Investors will also benefit from the ability to seamlessly connect to Xero, allowing managed fund data to automatically flow through to their Sharesight portfolio.
Easily handle Australian Managed Investment Trust (AMIT) tax calculations
Some Australian managed funds are classed as Australian Managed Investment Trusts (AMIT). This creates additional tax implications for investors, particularly around the treatment of tax-deferred income. Sharesight makes it easier for self-directed investors to handle AMIT tax calculations by offering custom fields that allow AMIT unit holders to correctly record the Trust Income components for these investments. This includes fields for the new (2018) AMIT cost base decrease, and AMIT cost base increase adjustments which feed into Sharesight’s Capital Gains Tax Report calculations and the Taxable Income Report for Australians completing their Tax Return for Individuals form.
See our blog post for more information on AMIT tax calculations.
How to track managed funds in Sharesight
- Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account.
- Add your holdings to your portfolio(s) by searching for the relevant APIR code or fund name in the FundAU, mFund or FundNZ markets. You can also use the Sharesight File Importer to bulk import trades to your portfolio.
- Sharesight converts the prices and valuations of your holdings from their listed market to your portfolio’s base currency. It also automatically calculates any currency fluctuations on a daily basis and backfills past distributions (and continues to add new ones as they are announced).
Start tracking your managed fund investments with Sharesight
If you’re not already using Sharesight to track your investments in managed funds, what are you waiting for? It’s free to sign up, and with Sharesight you can:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, distributions, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming distributions)
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investment performance (and tax) today.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Please consult with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Event recap: ASA Investor Conference 2023
We recently had the pleasure of attending the 2023 ASA Investor Conference. For a snapshot of some of the conference highlights, keep reading.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – May 2023
Welcome to the May 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – May 2023
Welcome to the May 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.