Sharesight product updates – December 2023
An engineer dedicated to security joined the team this week. I’m particularly excited by this new role as it represents both the culmination of 18 months of work focusing on certain aspects of our security posture, while also setting us up to pursue a number of security-based initiatives I will discuss in depth in the coming months. With the changing security landscape, driven in particular by some of the large Australian security incidents in recent years, having internal staff dedicated to our security over and above our network of third party security consultants sets us up well moving forward.
While on the topic of security, I’d like to take the opportunity to mention that those of you with Xero connections will need to enable two factor authentication (2FA) within Sharesight in order to continue utilising your Xero integration. This change will be rolled out over the next few weeks. Although this is a requirement imposed on us by Xero, I’m in favour of 2FA myself as it is a simple way to add a great deal of additional protection to your Sharesight accounts. We will of course be communicating with all those directly affected.
Note: If you use Google to sign in and have the toggle ‘Only allow Google sign in’ under Account preferences set, then you do not require 2FA.
- Added support for the Istanbul Stock Exchange (Borsa Istanbul)
- Completed the rollout of our exposure report to all users on the investor, expert and professional plans
- Improved the UX and instructions on all our 196+ broker tiles
- Introduced some layout improvements to our reports landing page including explainer videos as well as new visual and colour separation of reports into three categories of Performance, Asset Allocation, plus Tax & Compliance.
- Added support for Vanguard Personal Investor Australia CSV trade file imports
- Added support for Nordnet CSV trade file imports
- Added support for Avanza CSV trade file imports
- Added support for XTB trade file imports
- Added trade confirmation support for Centric Capital.
Automatically import trades to your portfolio using email
Sharesight makes it easy to access award-winning performance and tax reporting with the ability to automatically import trades to Sharesight via email.
Track your J.P. Morgan trades with Sharesight
Investors trading with J.P. Morgan can automatically track their investment performance by importing their historical trading data to a Sharesight portfolio.
3 ways Sharesight helps Canadians at tax time
Are you a Canadian investor filing taxes for the 2023 financial year? Here are 3 Sharesight features that save Canadian investors time and money at tax time.