Sharesight20 November top 20 trades on ASX & NZX
Last month we debuted the Sharesight20 weekly trading snapshots, a weekly update of the top 20 shares traded by the Sharesight userbase on the ASX (#Sharesight20ASX) and the NZX (#Sharesight20NZX) over the past 7 days.
Today is the second installment of the Sharesight20 monthly trading snapshot (click here for October's Sharesight20) where we look at the top 20 trades on both the ASX and NZX markets among the Sharesight userbase during the current month and dig a little deeper into the news behind these movements.
Sharesight20ASX November snapshot
A2 Milk topped both the ASX and NZX Sharesight20 trading snapshots for November, the Sharesight userbase appeared to like what they learnt from National Australia Bank’s AGM in November, and investors digested the impact of IOOF’s acquisition of the ANZ OnePath Pensions and Investment business. Let’s dive into the key events in this month’s Sharesight20ASX snapshot:
a2 Milk (ASX:A2M)
- Held AGM 21st November - Analysts were generally impressed with results
- From over at The Motley Fool - “For the first four months of FY 2018 a2 Milk has achieved EBITDA of NZ$78.4 million on revenues of NZ$262.2 million. This represents growth of 120.8% and 68.9%, respectively, on the prior corresponding period.”
- Considering paying dividends
National Australia Bank (ASX:NAB)
- Sacked 20 employees (and disciplined 32 others) after discovering more than 2000 home loans had been issued based on insufficient documentation
- Announced 6000 jobs to go over the next three years as part of a streamlining effort alongside investments in technology
- Announced a 2.5% growth and profits of $6.6 billion in annual financial report
- AGM to be held Friday 15th December 2017
- Expected income from NBN HFC deal pushed back due to NBN rollout halt
- Telstra and Optus losing ground against cheaper mobile providers - with TPG poised to launch Australia’s 4th mobile network in mid 2018
- Announced intention to acquire ANZ OnePath Pensions and Investment business in October for $925 million
- ASX announcement
- Investor presentation
Cochlear Limited (ASX:COH)
- Appointed Mr Diggory William Howitt as an Executive Director on 14th November as part of CEO transition and related board changes - he will become the Managing Director on the 3rd January 2018
- Held AGM on 17 October - AGM presentation to Shareholders
ASX resource companies were a prominent theme in this month’s Sharesight20ASX with the following resource companies making it into the the top 20 trades on the ASX among the Sharesight userbase, as well as Pilbara Min Ltd, Galaxy Resources and Santos.
Lepidico Ltd (ASX:LPD)
- Share price is up 173% in a month
- Is Lepidico’s L-Max process able to unlock alternative sources of lithium?
South32 Limited (ASX:S32)
- Held AGM November 23rd
- CEO addresses Appin coal mine cultural issues at AGM
- South32's South African coal operations to go stand-alone
BHP Billiton (ASX:BHP)
- Held AGM 16th November - Meeting notes
- Looking to offload underperforming shale oil assets
- Looking to expand Olympic Dam copper mine in South Australia
Woodside Petroleum (ASX:WPL)
- Shell sells out of Woodside Petroleum for $3.5bn - selling their 13.3% stake in the company
- UniSuper and GIC take $700m positions in Woodside
Australian Mines Ltd (ASX:AUZ)
- Secured $20 million from investors to fund exploration of its tenements across NSW and Queensland and ramp up its Sconi Cobalt-Nickel-Scandium project in north Queensland
Sharesight20NZX November Trading Snapshot
The dual-listed a2 Milk (NZE: ATM) topped both the ASX and NZX in number of trades by the Sharesight userbase in November (see above for a2 Milk’s news in November). Other NZX stocks that were highly traded included a number of ETFs (the NZ Top 50 Fund and US Top 50 Fund amongst others) and a number that appeared in last month’s Sharesight20NZX (Auckland International Airport Limited, Xero Limited, Fletcher Building Limited).
Pushpay Holdings Limited (NZX:PPH)
- Plans to list on a US Exchange alongside a capital raising in the next 15 months
- App has gained traction in the US faith sector, now used by 2% of the USA’s estimated 314,000 churches and 50 of the top 100 churches in the country
Xero Limited (NZX:XRO)
- Released their interim report (first half figures), with subscription revenue up 38% to $183 million
- Announced intention to delist from the NZX and list solely on the ASX early in 2018
Fletcher Building Limited (NZX:FBU)
- Announced new CEO Ross Taylor in October
- Building products division Chief Executive Matt Crockett resigned
Pacific Edge Limited (NZX:PEB)
- Releasing half year results on the 29th November
- Named at number 20 in the Deloitte Fast50 Awards
- Queried by the NZX about recent share price increase
Property for Industry Limited (NZX:PFI)
- Issued 100,000,000 fixed rate bonds on 28th November
Spark New Zealand Ltd (NZX:SPK)
- Plans to acquire business telco provider, Digital Island
- Held AGM on 3rd November - Results announcement
Metro Performance Glass Limited (NZX:MPG)
- Shares hit record low 2nd November
- 2018 interim results released 20th November
Don’t miss the Sharesight20 weekly market snapshots
Want the weekly Sharesight20 ASX and NZX weekly trading snapshots every Monday? Join the Sharesight community now to make sure don’t miss out on a snapshot.
You’ll also find the latest Sharesight ASX and NZX trading snapshot on Twitter using the #Sharesight20ASX and #Sharesight20NZX hashtags, or by ‘liking’ Sharesight on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google+.
With over $1.9B USD worth of investments actively tracked by the userbase, it’s time you sign up to Sharesight and start tracking the true performance of your investments today!
Important Disclaimer. We do not provide tax or investment advice. The buying of shares can be complex and varies by country. You should seek tax and investment advice specific to your situation before acting on any of the information in this article.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.
How one investor uses Sharesight to understand her true performance
Part of our Sharesight customer experience series, this video features Nikky W., an investor who has been tracking her portfolio with Sharesight since 2020.