Sharesight20 top 20 trades on ASX – April 2021
Welcome to the April 2021 edition of the Sharesight20ASX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In this Sharesight20ASX snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by the Vanguard Australian Shares (ASX: VAS) and Diversified High Growth (ASX: VDHG) ETFs. At the same time, sell trades were led by Zip Co (ASX: Z1P) and 88 Energy (ASX: 88E), which both experienced rising share prices in April. It was a varied month overall, with trading activity in ETFs as well as individual equities in the natural resources, BNPL and healthcare sectors.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Zip Co stock rises 17% on the back of record Quadpay gains
- Zip raises AU$400m for US growth and further global expansion
- Joins Adobe’s global payments program; share price rises
- Bank of America acquires 6.15% share of Zip
- Share price plummets following news of equipment failure and wellbore condition problems
- Fortescue Metals achieves 1.5b tonnes of iron ore exports from Pilbara operations
- Fortescue share price dropped 17% in March; iron ore price to blame
- Indigenous Australian group rejects Fortescue dam development plans
- Afterpay seeks Nasdaq listing; could delist from ASX
- ASX investors could reap gains if Afterpay decides on a dual listing
- Afterpay distributes 3.2 million new shares amongst 30 US staff
- Kogan share price plummets following disappointing Q3 earnings report
- Share price has almost halved in 2021
- Kogan enters partnership with Codisto; hopes to bring new sellers to online marketplace
- Aegros could become second Australian plasma distributor; a "mini CSL"
- Slight drop in CSL share price following plasma and vaccine update
- CSL to make 50 million AstraZeneca vaccine doses despite public pushback
- Province Resources partners with Total Eren on WA green hydrogen project
- Share price hits all-time high following hydrogen project announcement
- Province appoints ESG approvals consultant to help fast track projects
- Second study supports use of Bisantrine drug to treat skin cancer
- Race Oncology reveals three-pillar strategy for its Bisantrine drug
- Collaborating with Newcastle Uni on leukemia study
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
How InstructAnt improves client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.
Sharesight product updates – September 2023
Major updates for the past month include the rollout of our new exposure report, plus support for five new brokers and over 80,000 Luxembourg funds.