Sharesight20 top 20 trades on ASX – March 2021
Welcome to the March 2021 edition of the Sharesight20ASX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In this Sharesight20ASX snapshot, trades were strongly led by Zip Co (ASX: Z1P), which has seen its share price plummet throughout March after reaching an all-time high in February. This month also saw Airtasker (ASX: ART) make a splash on the ASX, before seeing a 20% drop in its share price. Overall, it was a varied month, with users’ top trades ranging from BNPL stocks and tech ETFs to newly-listed companies.
Sharesight20 top 20 ASX trades March 2021
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Zip Co (ASX: Z1P)
- Zip shares suffer after CBA announces BNPL offering
- Zip expands global merchant reach by partnering with BigCommerce
- Share price drops as Zip reports mounting losses
CSL (ASX: CSL)
- CSL to boost vaccine production to over a million doses a week
- CSL share price up following AstraZeneca vaccine approval
- Share price drops 12% in 2 weeks following half-year results
Fortescue Metals (ASX: FMG)
- Fortescue declares goal to go carbon neutral by 2030
- 380 jobs impacted by cost blowout on Iron Bridge project
- Fortescue completes AU$1.9b bond offering
Afterpay (ASX: APT)
- Launches Clearpay in European payments market
- Share price hits 3-month low; rising bond yields to blame
Airtasker (ASX: ART)
- Airtasker share price surges 78% on IPO; reaches AU$255m market cap
- Share price drops more than 20% since IPO
- IPO delayed due to ASX error
Nuix (ASX: NXL)
- Nuix share price drops 32% since IPO
- Stock price falters following interim results; revenue down by 4%
- Nuix revenue recognition policy faces scrutiny from investors
Race Oncology (ASX: RAC)
- Launches kidney cancer study with University of Newcastle
- Promising results for preclinical breast cancer study
- Share price drops despite announcement of melanoma study
Flight Centre (ASX: FLT)
- Flight Centre share price grows 40% over 6 months
- Share price still 50% lower than pre-COVID
- Flight Centre CEO says government’s aviation package will do little to help struggling tourism industry
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Announcing the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship's 2023 winner
We are pleased to announce the 2023 winner of the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship, Kaytlin Perkins, who is studying a Master of Professional Accounting at CQU.