Sharesight20 top 20 trades on ASX – May 2021
Welcome to the May 2021 edition of the Sharesight20ASX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In this Sharesight20ASX snapshot, buy trades were overwhelmingly led by Vanguard ETFs, including the Australian Shares Index (ASX: VAS), Diversified High Growth (ASX: VDHG) and International Shares (ASX: VGS). Meanwhile, sell trades were led by a2 Milk (ASX: A2M), closely followed by Afterpay (ASX: APT), both of which saw declining share prices throughout May.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Appen restructure includes plans to cut staff; increase transparency
- Share price jumps 10% following restructure announcement
- Appen on track to achieve US$83-90 million EBITDA target for FY21
- Zip expands global presence with buyouts in EU and UAE
- Share price down almost 25% in May
- Zip and Microsoft announce partnership for Australian market
- Signs that Afterpay may enter SME lending space
- CommBank CEO suggests tougher regulation for Afterpay
- Could Afterpay’s ASX departure be an opportunity for other companies to grow?
- EML market cap sees AU$800 million nosedive following regulator scrutiny
- Fund managers dumped EML shares en-masse in February
- EML share price showing signs of recovery following massive drop
- ANZ reports 126% increase in cash profit
- ANZ raises dividend to 70c per share
- Share price leads ASX 200 banks amid market volatility
- NAB subsidiary UBank to acquire 86 400
- NAB yet to see business banking recovery; cash earnings and revenue down in interim results
- Share price hits 52-week high
- BHP scores AU$17m Elliot copper project deal
- BHP establishes world’s largest iron ore hub with launch of South Flank
- Sells off share in Gulf of Mexico’s Neptune field
- Share price plummets by 14% following earnings downgrade; hits 52-week low
- Kogan earnings drop by over 42% as consumer appetite dwindles
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
How InstructAnt improves client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.
Sharesight product updates – September 2023
Major updates for the past month include the rollout of our new exposure report, plus support for five new brokers and over 80,000 Luxembourg funds.