Sharesight20 top 20 trades on NZX – April 2021
Welcome to the April 2021 edition of the Sharesight20NZX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades on the NZX made by Sharesight users during the month.
In this Sharesight20NZX snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by the Smartshares NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) and US 500 (NZX: USF) ETFs, followed by Oceania Healthcare (NZX: OCA). At the same time, sell trades were led by Contact Energy (NZX: CEN) and Meridian Energy (NZX: MEL).
Sharesight20 top 20 NZX trades April 2021
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
a2 Milk (NZX: ATM)
- Could declining birth rates hurt a2’s share price in the long-term?
- Share price hits multi-year low after stock downgraded to ‘hold’ rating
- a2 shares down 63% in 9 months
Contact Energy (NZX: CEN)
- Contact Energy acquires Western Energy Services
- Contact Energy pushes higher despite expected selldown by overseas funds
- NZX falls, dragged down by Contact Energy
Meridian Energy (NZX: MEL)
- BlackRock sells 106 million shares of Meridian Energy
- Electricity Authority ceases trading investigation into Meridian
- Committee expresses concern over Meridian’s liability in wasted hydro power incident
Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR)
- Air NZ government loan increases from NZ$900 million to NZ$1.5 billion
- Tens of thousands of air bubble bookings, reports Air NZ
- Delays capital raise due to COVID uncertainty
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Announcing the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship's 2023 winner
We are pleased to announce the 2023 winner of the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship, Kaytlin Perkins, who is studying a Master of Professional Accounting at CQU.