Sharesight20 top 20 trades on NZX – March 2021
Welcome to the March 2021 edition of the Sharesight20NZX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades on the NZX made by Sharesight users during the month.
In this Sharesight20NZX snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Contact Energy (NZX: CEN), followed by the Smartshares NZ Top 50 ETF (NZX: FNZ). At the same time, sell trades were led by a2 Milk (NZX: ATM). March also marked the debut of what has been referred to as ‘the biggest IPO to hit the NZX in seven years’, My Food Bag (NZX: MFB).
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Contact Energy goes ex-dividend
- Plans to develop pipeline of large-scale wind farms in NZ
- Contact Energy completes oversubscribed NZ$75m retail entitlement offer
- a2 lowers 2021 outlook due to COVID-related losses
- a2 supplier sees half year net profit plummet by 76% due to lack of demand
- NZ recession fears bring down a2 and other NZX heavyweights
- My Food Bag debuts on NZX and ASX; share price drops
- Share price impacted by "broader market weakness"
- My Food Bag seeks NZ$342m for dual listing on NZX and ASX
- Air NZ to operate non-stop flights between Auckland and Hobart once trans-Tasman bubble is established
- Air NZ advisor calls for more expensive airfares to discourage tourists
- Three new members appointed to panel developing Air NZ sustainability strategy
- Oceania raises NZ$80m for Auckland expansion plans
- Oceania appoints new CEO Brent Pattison
- CEO Earl Gasparich tenders resignation
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Emotionally intelligent investing: How to make smarter decisions
We explain some of the common pitfalls investors face when making decisions, and what you can do to become a more emotionally intelligent investor.