Sharesight20 top 20 trades on NZX – March 2021
Welcome to the March 2021 edition of the Sharesight20NZX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades on the NZX made by Sharesight users during the month.
In this Sharesight20NZX snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Contact Energy (NZX: CEN), followed by the Smartshares NZ Top 50 ETF (NZX: FNZ). At the same time, sell trades were led by a2 Milk (NZX: ATM). March also marked the debut of what has been referred to as ‘the biggest IPO to hit the NZX in seven years’, My Food Bag (NZX: MFB).
Sharesight20 top 20 NZX trades March 2021
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Contact Energy (NZX: CEN)
- Contact Energy goes ex-dividend
- Plans to develop pipeline of large-scale wind farms in NZ
- Contact Energy completes oversubscribed NZ$75m retail entitlement offer
a2 Milk (NZX: ATM)
- a2 lowers 2021 outlook due to COVID-related losses
- a2 supplier sees half year net profit plummet by 76% due to lack of demand
- NZ recession fears bring down a2 and other NZX heavyweights
My Food Bag (NZX: MFB)
- My Food Bag debuts on NZX and ASX; share price drops
- Share price impacted by "broader market weakness"
- My Food Bag seeks NZ$342m for dual listing on NZX and ASX
Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR)
- Air NZ to operate non-stop flights between Auckland and Hobart once trans-Tasman bubble is established
- Air NZ advisor calls for more expensive airfares to discourage tourists
- Three new members appointed to panel developing Air NZ sustainability strategy
Oceania Healthcare (NZX: OCA)
- Oceania raises NZ$80m for Auckland expansion plans
- Oceania appoints new CEO Brent Pattison
- CEO Earl Gasparich tenders resignation
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Announcing the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship's 2023 winner
We are pleased to announce the 2023 winner of the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship, Kaytlin Perkins, who is studying a Master of Professional Accounting at CQU.