Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – April 2023
Welcome to the April 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In this snapshot, trades were strongly led by Vanguard’s Australian Shares Index ETF (ASX: VAS). In terms of individual equities, trades were led by Pilbara Minerals (ASX: PLS), which recently received board approval to invest in the increase of its nameplate spodumene concentrate production capacity. The top trades were followed by BHP (ASX: BHP), whose latest quarterly earnings fell slightly short of expectations. It was a strong month for mining stocks overall, with 8 of the top 20 stocks belonging to the mining and mineral resources sector.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Broker forecasts 40% upside for Pilbara shares
- Pilbara share price drops amid falling lithium prices
- Pilbara share price rises following board’s approval of Pilgan Plant investment
- BHP’s latest quarterly earnings fall slightly short of expectations
- Share price falls amid reduced production targets
- BHP counting on China rebound to boost iron ore demand
- Broker "cautious" about Woodside’s Scarborough project ahead of AGM
- Could petroleum tax changes put Woodside’s dividends at risk?
- Woodside CEO assures shareholders that stalled Browse LNG project is still "very attractive"
- Broker cites ANZ as its top pick in ASX 200 banking sector
- Share price rises on news of potential Suncorp Bank takeover
- ANZ eliminates cash deposits and withdrawals from a number of branches
- Newmont Mining makes third and final offer in Newcrest takeover bid
- Share price rises following improved takeover bid
- Newcrest and Harmony Gold sign MOU to progress PNG gold project
- Lynas reveals more than 27% drop in Q3 revenue
- Lynas’ AU$575 million Kalgoorlie-Boulder processing plant nearing completion
- Launches appeal against Malaysian rare earth processing ban
- Fortescue share price drops following soft Q3 results
- Reports major milestone at Iron Bridge project
- Fortescue produces first hydrogen electrolyser prototype; plans to begin production in QLD this year
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis, multi-period, multi-currency valuation and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Emotionally intelligent investing: How to make smarter decisions
We explain some of the common pitfalls investors face when making decisions, and what you can do to become a more emotionally intelligent investor.