Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – February 2022
Welcome to the February 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Vanguard’s Australian Shares (ASX: VAS) and International Shares (ASX: VGS) ETFs, followed by CSL (ASX: CSL), which saw its share price surge on the back of strong half-year earnings results. At the same time, sell trades were led by Fortescue Metals (ASX: FMG), which saw its first-half profit tumble; followed by BHP (ASX: BHP), which paid shareholders a record interim dividend in 2022.
Top 20 ASX trades February 2022
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
CSL (ASX: CSL)
- CSL share price rises 8.5% following half-year earnings results
- CSL reveals 20% rise in seasonal flu vaccine sales
- Plans to shift away from COVID research
BHP (ASX: BHP)
- BHP pays record interim dividend for third consecutive year
- BHP willing to exceed its debt target for the right acquisition
- Finalises investigation into culturally significant Indigenous site; strengthens heritage controls
Fortescue Metals (ASX: FMG)
- Fortescue lowers interim dividend on the back of tumbling profit
- Reveals plan for WA renewables hub to power Pilbara operations
- Fortescue faces mass exodus of senior executives and managers
Magellan Financial (ASX: MFG)
- Magellan grows profit by 15%; plans options issue
- Share price surges over 18% following earnings result
- New chairman assures shareholders that Magellan team remains strong
Westpac (ASX: WBC)
- Westpac reveals strong quarterly earnings
- Westpac outlook "highly uncertain", says leading broker
- Announces AU$3.5bn share buyback scheme
Macquarie Group (ASX: MQG)
- Improved market conditions result in record quarter for Macquarie
- Macquarie could acquire a controlling stake in US$10bn UK gas business
- Macquarie share price is up 34% YoY
Wesfarmers (ASX: WES)
- Wesfarmers share price hits a new 52-week low
- Wesfarmers profit drops as retail struggles amid pandemic
- Receives regulatory approval to acquire Australian Pharmaceutical Industries
Woodside Petroleum (ASX: WPL)
- Woodside profit hits seven-year high; full year dividend surges
- Decides to withdraw from Myanmar; plans to write off AU$295m in expenses
- Shareholders to interrogate Woodside on climate impact
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Announcing the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship's 2023 winner
We are pleased to announce the 2023 winner of the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship, Kaytlin Perkins, who is studying a Master of Professional Accounting at CQU.