Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – October 2021
Welcome to the October 2021 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were led by Vanguard’s Australian Shares (ASX: VAS) and International Shares (ASX: VGS) ETFs. Sell trades were led by Commonwealth Bank (ASX: CBA), which has confirmed its plans to close its financial advice business; followed by Fortescue Metals (ASX: FMG), which has acquired a majority stake in a Dutch renewables business. Overall, it was a varied month for trades on the ASX, with the top 20 trades consisting of ETFs and stocks in the mining, banking, transportation and telco sectors, among others.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Fortescue purchases 60% stake in Dutch renewable energy firm
- Threats to commodity drivers put Fortescue shares at risk, says analyst
- Fortescue to power iron ore shipments with green ammonia
- BHP share price rises as iron ore share price rebounds; broker tips 20% upside
- Reports decline in Australian iron ore shipments
- Announces collaboration with POSCO to develop low-carbon steelmaking tech
- CBA closes financial advice business
- Discontinues controversial "Dollarmites" program
- Broker tips CBA share price to slide 24% YoY
- Flight Centre counting on travel rebound as lockdowns lifted; borders soon to reopen
- Share price drops after raising AU$400m in convertibles deal
- Share price falls following Q1 financial results
- Whitehaven share price falls as China announces new coal industry restrictions
- Releases quarterly report; expects "significant cash generation" over next few months
- Share price down despite promising quarterly results
- Woodside announces plan to develop AU$1b hydrogen and ammonia plant in Perth
- Further job cuts for Woodside staff amid company restructure
- Share price drops following 27% cut to gas reserves estimate
- Aussie Broadband in talks to buy telco Over The Wire for AU$342m
- NBN bandwidth costs up 137% quarter-on-quarter
- Releases quarterly update; revenue up 11.3%
- Pilbara finalises deal with POSCO to develop lithium hydroxide conversion facility
- Share price rises following 54% resource upgrade
- Shareholders await Pilbara’s next spodumene auction, hoping for another record-breaker
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Track your Webull trades with Sharesight
If you trade via Webull, you can automatically import your trading data to Sharesight, making it easy to track the performance of your investment portfolio.
How InstructAnt improved client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.