Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, trades were strongly led by the Smartshares US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. In terms of individual equities, trades were led by Ryman Healthcare (NZX: RYM), which recently completed a NZ$902 million capital raise; followed by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which is currently seeking to attract 400 new staff. It was an ETF-heavy month overall, with 14 of the top 20 trades consisting of ETFs.
Top 20 NZX trades March 2023
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Ryman Healthcare (NZX: RYM)
- Ryman being investigated by NZ Stock Exchange regulator regarding NZ$902 million capital raise
- Brokers seek buyers for 25 million shares left over from rights issue
- Ryman aligns with Solar Bay to build NZ’s first retirement village solar farm
Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR)
- Air NZ increases entry wage to attract 400 new staff
- Air NZ backlogged with 20,000 refund claims from extreme weather event
- Resumes Bali flights after 3-year hiatus
Spark New Zealand (NZX: SPK)
- Spark plans to switch off 3G in 2025; focus on rural 5G rollout
- Spark reshuffles leadership team
- Customers unable to make calls as Spark faces major technical issues
Heartland Group (NZX: HGH)
- Heartland Group announces half-year profit of NZ$48.7 million
- Mourns loss of revered chairman Geoffrey Ricketts
- Heartland shares rise along with the NZX 50
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), capital gains tax (Australia and Canada), traders tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Crypto tax: What Australian investors need to know
Cryptocurrency is an increasingly popular asset for investors, but with this comes the need to understand what crypto trading means for your tax obligations.
Sharesight release notes – May 2023
For May, key updates include a huge expansion of our crypto support, a new wizard to bulk upload custom investment prices, and support for another 56 countries.
Save time and money by sharing your portfolio with your accountant
It's easy to save time and money at tax time by sharing access to your Sharesight portfolio with your accountant. Keep reading to learn more.