Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – February 2023
Welcome to the February 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, buy and sell trades were strongly led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which saw its share price skyrocket throughout February. The top trades were followed by Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which posted weak quarterly earnings, including the biggest decline in its sales since 2019. It was a tech-heavy month overall, with 13 of the top 20 trades comprising stocks in the tech, e-commerce and semiconductor industries.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Tesla share price rallies from January low; CEO regains position as world’s richest person
- Share price on watch ahead of Tesla investor day
- Share price drops as Chinese vehicle registrations fall for second consecutive week
- Apple sees biggest decline in sales since 2019
- Apple CEO to receive 40% pay cut this year
- Progresses on plans to move manufacturing out of China
- Microsoft launches Bing Search powered by ChatGPT
- Share price down following AI-powered search chaos
- Increases Bing Search API prices threefold to recoup investments
- Amazon posts weak earnings fuelled by advertising slowdown
- Amazon plans to cut 18,000 jobs
- Is Amazon stock undervalued?
- Share price soars as Meta beats earnings estimates
- Quarter of the world’s population used Facebook daily in December
- Meta introduces premium subscription for Facebook and Instagram
- NVIDIA beats earnings expectations; share price jumps
- NVIDIA optimistic about future despite declining gaming revenue
- Share price is up 63% in 2023
- AMD stock rises on strong earnings report
- AMD CEO reaffirms expectation to increase data centre revenue in 2023
- Leading broker expects semiconductor stocks to fall 30%
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), capital gains tax (Australia and Canada), traders tax (capital gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Sharesight product updates – December 2023
This month, we added support for five global brokers, plus the Istanbul Stock Exchange, along with a series of UX improvements across the product.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.