Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – April 2023
Welcome to the April 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, trades were strongly led by Smartshares’ US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. In terms of individual equities, trades were led by Spark NZ (NZX: SPK), which announced a three-year plan to invest in data centres. Trades were followed by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which increased its profit forecast for FY23. It was an ETF-heavy month overall, with 15 of the top 20 trades belonging to ETFs.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Spark plans to invest up to NZ$300 million in data centres over the next three years
- Share price rises following three-year plan announcement
- Will One NZ outshine Spark with its SpaceX deal?
- Air NZ increases FY23 profit forecast due to strong demand and cheaper fuel
- Air Vanuatu pushes for Air NZ to relaunch Vanuatu flights
- Air NZ turning to AI to help with flight planning for ultra-long destinations
- Climate activists call for Genesis Energy profits to be taxed and reinvested in renewable energy
- Genesis Energy share price continues to grow despite tracking behind five-year shareholder returns
- Genesis Energy severely scales back size of proposed Wairarapa wind farm
- Mercury NZ and Amazon announce corporate power purchase agreement for Turitea South
- Is Mercury a company to watch following its deal with Amazon?
- Trustpower will rebrand as Mercury this winter
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), capital gains tax (Australia and Canada), traders tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Emotionally intelligent investing: How to make smarter decisions
We explain some of the common pitfalls investors face when making decisions, and what you can do to become a more emotionally intelligent investor.