Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – August 2021
Welcome to the August 2021 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by the Smartshares NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) and US 500 (NZX: USF) ETFs. At the same time, sell trades were led by a2 Milk (NZX: ATM), which continues to struggle due to declining revenue from the Chinese market. It was a varied month overall, with trades in the energy, financial services, healthcare and logistics sectors, as well as a wide variety of ETFs.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- a2 reports 79% profit loss; warns of difficult year ahead
- Share price up due to Nestle takeover rumours
- a2 down 42% in the past year
- Eroad applies for clearance to acquire Coretex
- Share purchase plan closes oversubscribed at NZ$43m
- Eroad to employ Seeing Machines’ Guardian tech to reduce driver fatigue
- Contact Energy boosts net profit by 50%; reduces annual dividend
- Proposes amalgamation of Contact Energy and Genesis Energy assets to create ‘ThermalCo’
- Genesis Energy shoots down Contact’s ThermalCo proposal; suggests capacity market instead
- Heartland earnings beat expectations; profit up NZ$15m YoY
- Reports 43% growth in reverse mortgage loan repayments amid housing boom
- Heartland plans to expand its offerings in Australia
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.