Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – February 2023
Welcome to the February 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, trades were strongly led by Smartshares’ US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. In terms of individual stocks, trades were led by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which posted strong earnings results for the first half of FY22-23. It was a strong month for ETFs overall, with 14 of the top 20 trades belonging to ETFs.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Air NZ back in the black amid growing travel demand
- More problems with Air NZ’s Auckland-New York direct flight
- Air NZ flights back in operation following Cyclone Gabrielle
- Ryman Healthcare undertakes NZ$902 recapitalisation to repay US private placement debt
- Market regulator assessing Ryman recapitalisation to determine whether investors were misled about debt
- Investment mgmt. firm expresses concern over retirement sector debt levels
- Mainfreight share price benefits from overseas rebound of logistics sector
- Mainfreight shines amid falling NZ share market
- Expects to deliver "satisfactory" earnings results despite subdued trading conditions in US and Asia
- Spark NZ reports NZ$837 million interim net profit
- Plans to invest NZ$350 million in growth due to struggling cloud business
- Spark CEO discusses stolen generators and the financial cost of Cyclone Gabrielle
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), capital gains tax (Australia and Canada), traders tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Event recap: Sharesight Investor-tech Conference 2023
We summarise some of the key insights from our panel discussion at the 2023 Sharesight Investor-tech Conference, including a full video of the panel.
Top countries and brokers Aussies use to invest in global markets
Looking at data from our userbase, we delve into Aussie investors' favourite global markets and stocks, plus the brokers they use for international trades.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.