Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – July 2022
Welcome to the July 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by the Smartshares US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. In terms of individual equities, buy and sell trades were led by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which is expected to report a loss of NZ$750 million for the financial year. Overall, it was a strong month for ETFs and ‘buy and hold’ investing, with NZ investors making few sell trades this month.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Air NZ reveals world-first ‘SkyNest’ sleep pods for economy class
- Share price drops following announcement of expected loss of NZ$750 million for the financial year
- Air NZ struggling to handle flight cancellations and call centre requests
- Mainfreight pays workers NZ$94 million-worth of bonuses as profits boom
- Mainfreight leads NZ shares higher following positive shareholder update
- Revenue and pre-tax profit is up significantly, reports Mainfreight
- ANZ NZ plans to raise NZ$250 million to bolster balance sheet
- Business confidence is ‘less gloomy’ this month, says ANZ NZ
- ANZ NZ CEO calls for government to bring more skilled workers into the country
- Spark plans to sell 70% of TowerCo for NZ$900 million
- Spark shares buoyed by investment in research and technology
- Conducts rural trial of 5G millimetre wave technology
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.