Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – October 2021
Welcome to the October 2021 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by the Smartshares NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) and US 500 (NZX: USF) ETFs. Sell trades were led by a2 Milk (NZX: ATM), which has lost AU$630m in value after announcing its plans for the Chinese market; followed by Z Energy (NZX: ZEL), which is being taken over by Australian petrol company Ampol.
Top 20 NZX trades October 2021
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
a2 Milk (NZX: ATM)
- a2 Milk sheds AU$630m in value as shareholders fret over lagging Chinese market
- Share price plummets 12% following investor update
- a2 partners with Hershey to release new chocolate milk
Meridian Energy (NZX: MEL)
- Meridian shortlists bidders for sale of Australian business
- Telstra out of the running for Meridian’s Australian assets
- Meridian goes ex-dividend
Z Energy (NZX: ZEL)
- Z Energy acquired by Ampol for NZ$2b
- Z Energy shares jump on takeover news
- Are there benefits to Z Energy’s Australian takeover?
Air New Zealand (NZX:AIR)
- Air NZ suspends cash burn guidance; draws down loan due to COVID uncertainty
- December flight schedule interrupted by COVID restrictions
- Air NZ COO to depart for CEO job at Auckland International Airport
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.
How one investor uses Sharesight to understand her true performance
Part of our Sharesight customer experience series, this video features Nikky W., an investor who has been tracking her portfolio with Sharesight since 2020.