Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – October 2021
Welcome to the October 2021 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by the Smartshares NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) and US 500 (NZX: USF) ETFs. Sell trades were led by a2 Milk (NZX: ATM), which has lost AU$630m in value after announcing its plans for the Chinese market; followed by Z Energy (NZX: ZEL), which is being taken over by Australian petrol company Ampol.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- a2 Milk sheds AU$630m in value as shareholders fret over lagging Chinese market
- Share price plummets 12% following investor update
- a2 partners with Hershey to release new chocolate milk
- Meridian shortlists bidders for sale of Australian business
- Telstra out of the running for Meridian’s Australian assets
- Meridian goes ex-dividend
- Z Energy acquired by Ampol for NZ$2b
- Z Energy shares jump on takeover news
- Are there benefits to Z Energy’s Australian takeover?
- Air NZ suspends cash burn guidance; draws down loan due to COVID uncertainty
- December flight schedule interrupted by COVID restrictions
- Air NZ COO to depart for CEO job at Auckland International Airport
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
How InstructAnt improves client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.
Sharesight product updates – September 2023
Major updates for the past month include the rollout of our new exposure report, plus support for five new brokers and over 80,000 Luxembourg funds.