Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – September 2022
Welcome to the September 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Smartshares’ US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. In terms of individual equities, buy trades were led by Heartland Group (NZX: HGH), which recently announced record profits. At the same time, sell trades were led by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which has faced criticism over its newly-launched Auckland-New York service. It was a strong month for ETFs overall, with ETFs comprising 14 of the top 20 NZX trades.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Heartland hopes to become an Australian bank, turning NZ bank into a subsidiary
- Posts record NZ$95.1 million profit
- Heartland intends to build on strong reverse mortgage business in NZ and AU
- Problems for Air NZ’s newly-launched Auckland-New York flights
- Qantas makes jab at Air NZ’s New York flights as it prepares to launch its own New York service
- Air NZ share price up 9% following guidance update
- Spark works with Samsung to deliver 5G to 20 Auckland suburbs
- Spark Sport secures 3-year deal with Manu Samoa
- Spark joins the ASX 200
- Building industry probe blames Fletcher Building for supply chain and pricing issues
- Fletcher Building competitor condemns company’s Gib rebate plan
- Fletcher Building introduces gender-neutral parental leave policy
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.