Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – August 2022
Welcome to the August 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by the Smartshares US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. In terms of individual equities, buy and sell trades were led by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which recently posted its third straight annual loss. Overall, it was a strong month for ETFs, with ETFs comprising 15 of the top 20 trades in August.
Top 20 NZX trades August 2022
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR)
- Air NZ posts third straight annual loss; sees potential for rebound in 2023
- Air NZ will benefit from operation constraints of overseas airlines, says CFO
- Defers Boeing 787 deliveries due to ongoing production issues
Mainfreight (NZX: MFT)
- Mainfreight secures lease for new 5 Star Green Star warehouse at Moorebank
- Trading update shows rapid profit growth for Mainfreight
- Is Mainfreight a buy for its upcoming dividend?
Infratil (NZX: IFT)
- Infratil share price hits record high after announcing its stake in US renewable energy company
- Analysts increase Infratil price targets following US renewable energy deal
- Infratil profiting from investors’ bullish attitude towards radiology services
Fletcher Building (NZX: FBU)
- Fletcher share price skyrockets on news of 40% profit growth
- Fletcher CEO’s pay climbs to NZ$6.6 million on the back of strong earnings report
- Secures new 160-home deal in Albany
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.
How one investor uses Sharesight to understand her true performance
Part of our Sharesight customer experience series, this video features Nikky W., an investor who has been tracking her portfolio with Sharesight since 2020.