Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, trades were strongly led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which has produced strong sales results for Q1; followed by Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which launched a buy-now-pay-later service in the US. It was a tech-heavy month overall, with 10 of the top 20 trades consisting of stocks in the technology, e-commerce and aerospace sectors.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Tesla’s Australian sales surge despite EV reluctance
- Tesla ranks as fastest-growing automaker in terms of market share
- Broker forecasts 13% upside for Tesla in 2023 following Chinese price cuts
- Apple launches BNPL service in the US
- Apple’s biggest supplier sees revenue decline as demand falls
- Tech giants could see "modestly better" earnings, says broker
- Amazon stock struggling amid workforce restructure
- Amazon’s acquisition of AMC is ‘extremely unlikely’ say analysts
- Leading broker sees over 50% upside for Amazon shares
- Bank of America’s financial planning app attracts US$55 billion over two years
- Plans to reshuffle wealth management and lending employees
- Shakes up leadership team in Germany and Switzerland
- Meta working on new social media app to rival Twitter
- Meta to cut executive bonuses to restore profitability
- Plans to lay off 10,000 employees
- Alibaba plans to split into six units, triggering mass layoff fears
- Share price rises following announcement of split plans
- Significant upside for Alibaba shares following split, says broker
- Rocket Lab targets US$50 million price for upcoming Neutron rocket
- Share price rises following second successful US launch
- Rocket Lab held 8% of its cash in Silicon Valley Bank
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), capital gains tax (Australia and Canada), traders tax (capital gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Emotionally intelligent investing: How to make smarter decisions
We explain some of the common pitfalls investors face when making decisions, and what you can do to become a more emotionally intelligent investor.