Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – September 2021
Welcome to the September 2021 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were led by Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which has just released the iPhone 13; closely followed by Alibaba (NYSE: BABA), which has seen its share price tumble throughout September. Sell trades were led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), with the EV automaker suffering a big dip in its stock price in September, before recovering strongly towards the end of the month. It was a varied month overall, with the top trades spanning stocks in the tech, e-commerce, aerospace and healthcare communications sectors.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Will the release of the iPhone 13 send Apple stock soaring?
- Apple argues against new policy requiring smartphones to adopt USB-C
- Key suppliers halt production due to Beijing’s new energy restrictions
- Alibaba to divest stake in Chinese broadcaster as regulatory crackdown continues
- Alibaba invests in Singaporean logistics company, Ninja Van
- Shares tumble on news regulators want to break up Alipay
- Regulator sues Tesla Big Battery over failure to provide stable power
- Full Self Driving software goes live for beta users
- Musk says Tesla’s new semiconductor plants will end global chip shortage next year
- Microsoft stock rises as leading broker estimates 10% dividend hike
- Microsoft confirms dividend hike; announces US$60b share repurchase plan
- Stock price holding strong ahead of Windows 11 release
- Rocket Lab secures US$24.35m funding for new rocket
- Plans to launch Astroscale inspection satellite
- Stock price soars following earnings results and news of IoT satellite deal
- Amazon stock price drops after leading broker cuts price target
- Analyst sees upside for Amazon due to new point-of-sale technology
- Could a stock split be on the horizon?
- Nio stock drops 8% in wake of Evergrande crisis
- Cuts sales forecast due to chip supply issues
- Stock jumps on news of new EV battery
- Lucid Group stock gains ahead of production preview events
- Stock price skyrockets 38% in a week
- Is Lucid Group overvalued?
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
How InstructAnt improves client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.
Sharesight product updates – September 2023
Major updates for the past month include the rollout of our new exposure report, plus support for five new brokers and over 80,000 Luxembourg funds.