Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2022
Welcome to the November 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, trades were strongly led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which has seen its share price plummet throughout November. Trades were followed by Amazon, which recently announced its plan to lay off 10,000 employees. It was a tech-heavy month overall, with 13 of the top 20 trades belonging to industries in the tech, e-commerce and software sectors.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Tesla shares rise following broker upgrade, talk of new factory in Asia
- Tesla has lost more than half its market value in 2022
- Musk forced to defend his US$56 billion pay package at Tesla
- Plans to shut down Indian operations
- Share price flat despite threat of employee strikes on Black Friday
- Plans to lay off 10,000 employees
- Meta fined US$275 million by Irish Data Protection Commission
- Plans to lay off 11,000 employees due to revenue collapse
- Shares rise 5% following layoff announcement
- NVIDIA’s Q3 revenue was down 17% YoY
- NVIDIA’s crypto revenue beat expectations despite bear market
- Top analyst rates NVIDIA a ‘buy’ following quarterly results
- Alibaba to sell US $2 million-worth of shares in Zomato
- Share price rises on talks of easing Chinese COVID restrictions
- Growing COVID Zero protests could threaten Alibaba share price
- Rocket Lab reports record quarterly revenue
- Stock surges 20% following quarterly earnings report
- Plans to launch remaining NASA TROPICS satellites
- Bob Iger returns as Disney CEO in new two-year deal
- Could Iger’s return boost Disney stock?
- Disney+ is at a ‘turning point’ in terms of profitability, says company
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), capital gains tax (Australia and Canada), traders tax (capital gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.