Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – October 2022
Welcome to the October 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, trades were strongly led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which is nearing the deadline for its US$44 billion acquisition of Twitter (NYSE: TWTR). The top trades were followed by Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which posted a record revenue of US$90.15 billion, but missed several key targets. It was a strong month for tech stocks overall, with 11 of the top 20 trades belonging to companies in the tech, EV and e-commerce sectors.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Tesla nearing deadline to close Twitter deal or face trial
- Tesla under criminal investigation in the US following self-driving vehicle claims
- Share price hits new 52-week low
- Apple share price is down 23% this year
- Apple posts record revenue but misses iPhone sales and services targets
- Share price drops following Q4 results
- Alphabet’s Q3 results fall short of analysts’ expectations
- Share price has its worst day since 2020 following weak earnings report
- Analysts cut price targets for Alphabet following Q3 results
- Amazon suffers steep YoY losses
- Share price drops almost 20% on prediction of weak holiday sales
- Amazon warns growing costs may bring down profit
- Meta shares plummet following weak earnings results
- Meta fined US$24.7 million for violating campaign finance disclosure laws
- Investors wipe US$67 billion from Meta’s market value
- Intel beats lowered expectations for Q3 but slashes outlook for Q4
- Share price rises despite guidance cut
- Intel announces cost-cutting plan including "meaningful number" of layoffs
- Coca-Cola’s Q3 earnings beat expectations
- Share price rises following strong Q3 results
- Coca-Cola earnings a good sign for food and beverage stocks
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Sharesight product updates – December 2023
This month, we added support for five global brokers, plus the Istanbul Stock Exchange, along with a series of UX improvements across the product.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.