Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – September 2022
Welcome to the September 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, buy and sell trades were led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which has seen its shares emerge as a mega cap rival to Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL). Trades were followed by Apple, which has seen its share price decline as the company backtracked on its decision to increase production. It was a tech-heavy month overall, with the majority of trades comprising stocks in the technology, software and e-commerce industries.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Analyst sees 50% downside for Tesla stock amid rising recession fears
- Australian government says they would ‘welcome’ a Tesla factory
- Tesla shares emerge as an unlikely rival to Apple
- Apple stock down after company reverses decision to increase production
- Apple shares dragged down by broader market sentiment
- Will the release of the iPhone 14 stop Apple’s share price slide?
- Analyst lowers Amazon price target on the back of recession fears and rising US dollar
- Has the Amazon share price hit its peak?
- Share price rises on news Amazon will acquire Cloostermans
- Report cites Meta’s role in inciting violence in Myanmar
- Mark Zuckerberg announces partnership with Salesforce
- Meta shares drop 14%, nearing pandemic low
- Rocket Lab signs agreement to support US military’s ‘rocket cargo’ program
- Launches radar satellite to orbit on 30th Electron mission
- Analysts cite 55% upside for Rocket Lab
- Adobe stock plummets 23% in one week
- Investors skeptical about Adobe’s plan to acquire Figma for US$20 billion
- Analyst downgrades Adobe stock over Creative Cloud concerns
- Shopify stock is down almost 80% this year
- Launches point-of-sale hardware, targeting physical retailers
- Share price down as analyst lowers Shopify price target due to "difficult path ahead"
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.