Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – October 2021
Welcome to the October 2021 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were led by Alibaba (NYSE: BABA), which has lost US$344 billion in market value YoY; followed by Tesla (NQASDAQ: TSLA), which hit US$1 trillion in market value this month. Sell trades were also led by Tesla, followed by Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL). It was a varied month overall, with the top trades spanning the tech, e-commerce, aerospace and entertainment industries.
Top 20 US stock trades October 2021
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA)
- Tesla’s market value hits US$1 trillion as Hertz orders 100,000 cars
- Safety issues force Tesla to remove full self-driving beta update
- Tesla’s China sales are now almost half the size of US sales
Alibaba (NYSE: BABA)
- Alibaba plans to launch its own cloud server chip
- Stock rises following chip announcement; Jack Ma’s appearance in Europe
Facebook (NASDAQ: FB)
- Facebook posts US$9 billion profit for Q3
- Facebook allegedly planning to rebrand with new name
- Announces US$50 billion share buyback program
Rocket Lab (NASDAQ: RKLB)
- Rocket Lab to launch three sets of satellites in BlackSky mission
- Acquires aerospace engineering firm Advanced Solutions for US$40 million
- Stock surges as Rocket Lab chosen by NASA to launch Solar Sail System
PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL)
- PayPal usage hits record high during pandemic
- PayPal not pursuing Pinterest acquisition
- Stock rises after PayPal denies Pinterest acquisition plans
Coinbase (NASDAQ: COIN)
- Leading broker gives Coinbase a ‘buy’ rating
- Crypto stolen from thousands of Coinbase customers
- Stock rises on news of partnerships with Facebook and the NBA
Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS)
- Disney downgraded by leading broker as Disney+ growth slows
- Disney continues to underperform the market
- Could Netflix’s strong Q3 results be a good sign for Disney+?
Shopify (NYSE: SHOP)
- Q3 results on the horizon; revenue expected to grow almost 50% YoY
- Announces partnerships with Microsoft and Spotify
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Announcing the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship's 2023 winner
We are pleased to announce the 2023 winner of the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship, Kaytlin Perkins, who is studying a Master of Professional Accounting at CQU.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.