Track Canadian mutual funds with Sharesight
With Sharesight, investors can track the price and performance of over 40,000 Canadian mutual funds along with the rest of the investments in their portfolio. Canadian investors will also benefit from Sharesight’s support for leading Canadian and US stock exchanges, which are some of more than 40 global stock exchanges and mutual fund markets that we support. To learn more about Sharesight’s support for Canadian mutual funds and how you can track these funds in your portfolio, keep reading.
Sharesight supports over 40 key global markets, including the Canadian (CNSX), Toronto (TSE) and Toronto TSX Ventures (CVE) stock exchanges, plus leading US exchanges such as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and Nasdaq. This is in addition to our support for over 100 currencies and more than 200 leading brokers worldwide. With the ability to track the price and performance of investments across different asset classes, markets, currencies and brokers, Sharesight is the ultimate portfolio tracker for global investors.
Unlike the data provided by most brokers, Sharesight takes into account the impact of capital gains, dividends, brokerage fees and currency fluctuations when calculating returns – giving investors the full picture of their portfolio’s performance. Sharesight also offers a range of powerful reports for self-directed investors including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis, and multi-currency valuation. The ability to track cash accounts, property and even cryptocurrency is just another reason that investors should consider using Sharesight to track their investment portfolio.
Sharesight supports all Canadian mutual funds covered by Morningstar price data — over 40,000 — which will continue to grow as additional mutual funds enter the market and are included in the Sharesight database. Fund data dates as far back as 1 January 2000, with prices updated daily by end-of-day.
As users add Canadian mutual fund investments to their portfolios, they can get the full picture of their investment performance by viewing their fund investments with the rest of their holdings, whether they be stocks, ETFs or custom investments such as property or term deposits. This makes it easy for investors to see the impact of specific investments as part of the overall return of their portfolio.
An example of a Canadian portfolio tracking Canadian mutual funds along with cash accounts and stocks on the TSE, NEO Exchange and Nasdaq.
- Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account.
- Add your holdings to your portfolio(s) by searching for the fund’s name in the FundCA market. You can also use the Sharesight file importer to bulk import trades to your portfolio.
- Sharesight converts the prices and valuations of your holdings from their listed market to your portfolio’s base currency. It also automatically calculates any currency fluctuations on a daily basis and backfills past distributions (and continues to add new ones as they are announced).
Already tracking Canadian mutual funds manually in Sharesight?
If you are currently tracking a Canadian mutual fund using Sharesight’s custom investment feature, you can merge it with its appropriate instrument, without losing any data.
If you’re not already using Sharesight to track your investments in mutual funds, what are you waiting for? It’s free to sign up, and with Sharesight you can:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, distributions, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis and future income (upcoming distributions)
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), traders tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investment performance (and tax) today.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Get ausbiz market insights in Sharesight
Stay on top of your ASX investments with convenient access to the ausbiz news feed, right in your Sharesight portfolio.