Track Hargreaves Lansdown trades
On the heels of our announced support of automated tracking for Interactive Investor trades, we’ve added a second UK-based broker to our ever-growing list of supported brokers for automatic trade tracking: Hargreaves Lansdown!
What are Trade Confirmation Emails?
Some online brokers such as Hargreaves Lansdown, will email you a PDF contract note attachment each time you’ve completed a trade with them. By default, every Sharesight portfolio has a unique email address that is at the ready and “listening” for trades. So by forwarding those trade confirmation emails to Sharesight, you can automatically record trades to your investment portfolio(s).
How to track Hargreaves Lansdown trades
Follow these steps in order to automatically track Hargreaves Lansdown trades in your Sharesight portfolio:
- Sign up for a Sharesight account.
- Request your unique Sharesight portfolio email address by enabling Trade Confirmation Emails.
- Ask Hargreaves Lansdown to include your unique Sharesight portfolio email address as a recipient on trade confirmation emails — this will ensure that a copy of the email (and contract note) is sent to Sharesight. If you prefer, you may manually forward your Trade Confirmation Emails to Sharesight — learn how to do that here.
- Once received, Sharesight will “read” the PDF and:
- Automatically record the trade details into the holding within your portfolio.
- Save a copy of the contract note PDF to the holding within your portfolio.
- Send you a confirmation email that the trade has been recorded.
Thanks to our UK investor clients for requesting that we support Hargreaves Lansdown, and for sharing some Trade Confirmation Emails with us in order to get the ball rolling on this feature. If you don’t see your broker in our current list of over 93 supported brokers, please leave a comment on our community forum so we can work towards supporting them in the future.