Sharesight talks SMSFs and tech tips at ausbiz panel
At an ausbiz panel for DIY investors called ‘Tech Tips to Maximise Portfolio Performance’, Sharesight CEO Doug Morris explored the benefits of harnessing technology to manage your SMSF, rather than relying on expensive bank-owned platforms. Some of the topics discussed included how investors can make the switch from platform to DIY tech stack; how SMSF investors can save thousands of dollars in management fees; and whether there are any potential risks of taking a self-directed approach to managing an SMSF.
Watch the segment
Embedded content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_crPGVsvw2I
Register with ausbiz for free access to informative investing content.
Watch the full panel
We’ve broken the content down into individual topic segments for your convenience. Watch the full playlist or the individual segments covered in the panel below:
- All access: How can DIY investors access tools and metrics that are normally the domain of professional investors, and is ‘all access’ worth the money?
- Going global: With international shares and ETFs on every investor’s radar, find out how to efficiently buy and sell, while avoiding costly currency pitfalls.
- Case study: The ultimate SMSF tech stack: How to 'unbundle' your SMSF to potentially save you thousands of dollars.
- Navigating the options: Fully automated, in person or hybrid? Is DIY all or nothing or can a happy medium be found to maximise profits and minimise risk?
The panel event was hosted by Nadine Blayney, Head of Content at ausbiz. Sharesight CEO, Doug Morris was joined by Pat Garrett, Co-Founder and CEO of Six Park; Andy Rogers, Director of Stockbroking at CMC Markets; Al Bentley, CEO at Simply Wall St; and Mathan Somasundaram, Founder and CEO at Deep Data Analytics.
Sharesight is the ultimate tool for DIY investors
Sharesight is the ultimate tool for DIY investors looking to track all their investments in one place, including SMSFs and pension funds. If you’re not already using Sharesight, what are you waiting for? Sign up for Sharesight so you can:
- Track all of your investments in one place, including stocks, ETFs, mutual/managed funds, property and even cryptocurrency
- Automatically track your dividend and distribution income from stocks, ETFs and mutual/managed funds
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis, Multi-Period and Multi-Currency Valuation
- Easily share access of your portfolio with family members, your accountant or other financial professionals so they can see the same picture of your investments as you do
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investment performance (and tax) today.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.
How one investor uses Sharesight to understand her true performance
Part of our Sharesight customer experience series, this video features Nikky W., an investor who has been tracking her portfolio with Sharesight since 2020.