Sharesight20 top 20 trades on NZX – May 2021
Welcome to the May 2021 edition of the Sharesight20NZX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades on the NZX made by Sharesight users during the month.
In this Sharesight20NZX snapshot, buy and sell trades were led by a2 Milk (NZX: ATM), which has seen its share price decline throughout May due to lagging Chinese sales. Other top trades this month include the Smartshares NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) and US 500 (NZX: USF) ETFs. It was an ETF-heavy month overall, with almost half of the top 20 trades belonging to ETFs.
Sharesight20 top 20 NZX trades May 2021
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
a2 Milk (NZX: ATM)
- a2 share price plummets following fourth consecutive earnings downgrade
- a2 forced to dump NZ$96m of expired infant formula due to reduced Chinese demand
- Asia-Pacific lead Peter Nathan resigns from a2
Infratil (NZX: IFT)
- Infratil buys majority stake in Pacific Radiology Group
- Share price jumps on acquisition news
- Infratil attributes lower earnings outlook to expansion of data centre business
Ryman Healthcare (NZX: RYM)
- Ryman CEO Gordon MacLeod announces resignation
- Ryman announces higher profits and an increased dividend
- Continues expansion plans with acquisitions in AU & NZ
Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR)
- Trans-Tasman travel bubble not so lucrative for Air NZ
- Air NZ CEO trials new vaccine passport system
- Air NZ appoints Paul McLean as new GM for Australia
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.
How one investor uses Sharesight to understand her true performance
Part of our Sharesight customer experience series, this video features Nikky W., an investor who has been tracking her portfolio with Sharesight since 2020.