Sharesight20 top 20 trades on NZX – May 2021
Welcome to the May 2021 edition of the Sharesight20NZX monthly trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades on the NZX made by Sharesight users during the month.
In this Sharesight20NZX snapshot, buy and sell trades were led by a2 Milk (NZX: ATM), which has seen its share price decline throughout May due to lagging Chinese sales. Other top trades this month include the Smartshares NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) and US 500 (NZX: USF) ETFs. It was an ETF-heavy month overall, with almost half of the top 20 trades belonging to ETFs.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- a2 share price plummets following fourth consecutive earnings downgrade
- a2 forced to dump NZ$96m of expired infant formula due to reduced Chinese demand
- Asia-Pacific lead Peter Nathan resigns from a2
- Infratil buys majority stake in Pacific Radiology Group
- Share price jumps on acquisition news
- Infratil attributes lower earnings outlook to expansion of data centre business
- Ryman CEO Gordon MacLeod announces resignation
- Ryman announces higher profits and an increased dividend
- Continues expansion plans with acquisitions in AU & NZ
- Trans-Tasman travel bubble not so lucrative for Air NZ
- Air NZ CEO trials new vaccine passport system
- Air NZ appoints Paul McLean as new GM for Australia
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Always check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Get ausbiz market insights in Sharesight
Stay on top of your ASX investments with convenient access to the ausbiz news feed, right in your Sharesight portfolio.