Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2021
Welcome to the November 2021 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Westpac (ASX: WBC), which has seen a steep decline in its share price throughout November. At the same time, sell trades were led by Vulcan Energy (ASX: VUL), which has recently faced public backlash from a short seller who claims the company is misleading investors about the success of its Rhine Valley lithium project. Overall, it was a strong month for trades in the mining and natural resources sectors, with almost half of November’s top trades belonging to these sectors.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Westpac share price plummets 15% in a month
- Investor confidence tainted by cost blowout, falling profit margins
- Westpac raises US$5.5b in record bond deal
- Vulcan share price tumbles due to accusations of misleading investors
- Completes lithium deal with Renault; share price rises 10%
- Pauses application to mine Upper Rhine following public backlash
- Fortescue calls for end to diesel subsidies for mining companies
- Investors denounce Fortescue’s lack of consideration for Aboriginal heritage
- Fortescue share price on the rise as ASX surges
- BHP share price down 33% in 3 months
- Woodside finalises deal to absorb BHP’s petroleum assets
- Still no buyer for Mt Arthur coal mine; could face shutdown
- Domino’s share price falls following downgrades; doubts over long-term outlook
- Market cap plunges AU$2.3b day after AGM
- Domino’s pledges to achieve net zero emissions by 2050
- Novonix share price rises following strong quarterly update
- Share price skyrockets 64% in a month
- Novonix spending US$160m on Chattanooga expansion; plans to hire 300
- Arizona Lithium raises AU$13m for Big Sandy project in Arizona
- Reveals promising metallurgical testwork from Big Sandy
- Plans to double size of Lordsburg project in New Mexico
- Pilbara share price hits record high as company expands senior debt facilities for Pilgangoora
- Share price gains 15% in November
- Leading broker gives ‘buy’ rating for Pilbara
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Emotionally intelligent investing: How to make smarter decisions
We explain some of the common pitfalls investors face when making decisions, and what you can do to become a more emotionally intelligent investor.