Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – October 2023
Welcome to the October 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Vanguard’s Australian Shares Index ETF (ASX: VAS). In terms of individual stocks, buy trades were led by CSL (ASX: CSL), which saw its share price hit a multi-year low. Over the same period, sell trades were led by Pilbara Minerals (ASX: PLS), which has recently been the target of short-sellers.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- CSL share price hits multi-year low
- CSL is “never going to be a dividend stock”, declares chairman
- CEO insists Ozempic won’t impact CSL’s growth
- ResMed share price tumbles 36%, likely fuelled by Ozempic disruption fears
- ResMed reports 16% revenue growth for Q1 FY24
- Share price falls despite strong Q1 results
- Pilbara puts special dividend on hold as lithium price falls
- Falls short of market expectations in Q1 earnings results
- Pilbara cannot compete with Chinese refiners without government subsidies, argues CEO
- BHP raises concerns about Biden’s Jakarta nickel deal
- Proposes converting Mt Arthur coal mine to hydropower project
- BHP says “same job same pay” reforms would make it “unfeasible” to achieve diversity targets
- Woodside requests urgent reforms over threat to Scarborough gas
- Misses Q3 revenue estimate, narrows full-year production outlook
- Share price drops following Q3 earnings
- Mineral Resources share price hits 52-week low
- Share price rises on 14% quarterly production boost
- Mineral Resources eyes new lithium prospect near Wodgina mine
- Whitehaven Coal scrutinised over US$4.1 billion QLD mine deal
- QLD mine deal will grow Whitehaven’s EPS 93% by 2025, say analysts
- Whitehaven Coal production rises almost 33% in Q1 FY24
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis, multi-period, multi-currency valuation and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
See what’s inside your ETFs with Sharesight’s exposure report
See inside your ETFs and get the full picture of your investment portfolio's composition with Sharesight's exposure report.
How KmacD Financial streamlines reporting and saves time with Sharesight
We talk to financial planning firm KmacD Financial about how the Sharesight-AdviserLogic integration helps them save time and streamline client reporting.
Sharesight product updates – November 2023
The focus over the past month has been on implementing additional feature ideas relating to our new (beta) exposure report.