Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, trades were strongly led by Smartshares’ US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. In terms of individual stocks, trades were led by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which has projected increased headwinds due to rising fuel costs and growing competition. Overall, this month’s top trades were dominated by ETFs, with 14 of the top 20 trades consisting of ETFs.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Air NZ warns of challenges ahead due to rising fuel prices and increased competition
- Expects ‘significant hit’ to next year’s flight schedule due to RTX engine issues
- Air NZ marks one year since launch of direct New York flights
- Meridian reports higher sales yet lower revenue and full year net profit
- Meridian to start charging customers at public EV charging stations
- NZX falls to lowest level in 2023, led by unusual volatility in Meridian shares
- Spark launches cybersecurity partnership with Radware
- Enlists new chief executive for Spark Health
- Spark continues to roll out “self-healing” network
- Genesis customers facing LPG delays
- Secures sites for three new solar farms in NZ
- Genesis among first three NZ companies using Microsoft’s new generative AI service
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), capital gains tax (Australia and Canada), traders tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
See what’s inside your ETFs with Sharesight’s exposure report
See inside your ETFs and get the full picture of your investment portfolio's composition with Sharesight's exposure report.
How KmacD Financial streamlines reporting and saves time with Sharesight
We talk to financial planning firm KmacD Financial about how the Sharesight-AdviserLogic integration helps them save time and streamline client reporting.
Sharesight product updates – November 2023
The focus over the past month has been on implementing additional feature ideas relating to our new (beta) exposure report.