Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – May 2022
Welcome to the May 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, trades were strongly led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which has seen its share price surge as opportunistic investors take advantage of the recent tech market correction, as well as plummeting prices due to Elon Musk’s bid to buy Twitter. Trades were followed by Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which has recently gained the attention of analysts who see upside potential for Apple following the tech market correction. It was a strong month for tech stocks overall, with FAANG stocks all making an appearance in the top 20 trades for May.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Tesla share price surges almost 20% in a week
- Elon Musk claims Bill Gates has multi-billion dollar short against Tesla
- Twitter shareholders sue Musk for ‘market manipulation’
- Analysts see 32% upside for Apple stock despite production issues
- Apple supply chain faring ‘better than expected’ despite Chinese lockdowns, says analyst
- Officially enters bear market alongside other tech giants
- Amazon to undergo 20-for-1 stock split in June
- Stock price jumps as consumer outlook improves
- Amazon stock has lost almost all its pandemic gains
- Meta loses US$53 billion in market value after Q2 earnings warning
- Apple requests no further regulation in Australia as iPhone’s tracking blocker is hurting business
- Down almost 50%, will Meta rebound soon?
- Netflix faces threat of losing hit shows to other streaming platforms
- Ad-supported tier and password crackdown expected by end of 2022
- What lies ahead for Netflix and its rivals?
- Shopify makes its largest ever acquisition, buying logistics company Deliverr
- Plans to stand behind crypto despite recent market crash
- Announces 10-for-1 stock split for June
- Shareholders panic sell Alibaba following news a man named "Ma" was arrested in Hangzhou
- Alibaba declines to provide guidance for the fiscal year due to COVID uncertainty
- Alibaba shares rise following better-than-expected Q4 earnings
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Emotionally intelligent investing: How to make smarter decisions
We explain some of the common pitfalls investors face when making decisions, and what you can do to become a more emotionally intelligent investor.