Track stocks on the Philippine Stock Exchange with Sharesight
With Sharesight’s portfolio tracker, investors can track over 290 stocks and ETFs on the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE), benefiting from automatic dividend tracking and daily price and performance updates. This is in addition to our existing support for over 40 leading global markets including the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and Nasdaq. Our extensive market and broker support also allows investors to effortlessly track all their investments in one place, while taking advantage of Sharesight’s powerful performance reports, dividend tracking and tax reporting features.
The Philippine Stock Exchange (also known as the PSE, or PHS in Sharesight) is the national stock exchange of the Philippines. It was established in 1992 following the merger of the Manila and Makati stock exchanges, and today has almost 300 listed companies.
With Sharesight, investors can easily track the price and performance of stocks listed on the Philippine Stock Exchange, alongside investments across various global markets, asset classes and brokers. By tracking all of their investments in Sharesight, investors get a portfolio-wide view of their performance, benefitting from daily price updates for the PSE, plus advanced reporting designed for the needs of self-directed investors. In addition, Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology gives investors the complete picture of their portfolio returns by calculating the impact of capital gains, brokerage fees, dividends and foreign exchange rates on performance.
Unlike other portfolio trackers, Sharesight automatically tracks dividend and distribution income and includes this information when calculating your investment return. In the screenshot below for example, dividends make an important contribution to this stock’s returns, highlighting the value of an investment tracking solution that includes more than just capital gains in its performance calculations.
An example of a PSE investment in an investor’s portfolio, with dividends contributing 5.25% to the total return, along with 0.23% in capital gains.
For investors who want a more detailed breakdown of their portfolio’s performance, Sharesight offers a range of powerful reports including:
- Performance: Calculate your total portfolio returns over any selected period.
- Diversity: Discover how the assets in your portfolio are diversified across different investment sectors, investment types, countries and markets.
- Contribution analysis: Measure the impact of your holdings and asset allocations on your overall portfolio performance.
- Future income: View announced dividends and interest payments expected for investments in your portfolio.
- Multi-currency valuation: See the value of your holdings denominated in the currency of your choice.
- Multi-period: Compare your portfolio returns over different time frames to see the impact of time on your performance.
In the screenshot below, you can see the contribution analysis report (sorted by market) being used to assess the ‘weight’ of various markets in a Filipino investor’s global portfolio. This would be particularly useful for an investor looking to compare the relative contribution of their PSE investments to the total return on their portfolio, for example.
In this example, the Nasdaq is the most significant contributor to the portfolio’s returns, accounting for 53.82% and ₱238,971; while the NYSE is the biggest detractor from the portfolio’s returns, accounting for -17.99% and -₱79,884. The PSE lies in the middle, accounting for 28.19% and ₱125,144.
The contribution analysis report being used for a Filipino investor’s portfolio, including stocks on the NASDAQ, NYSE and PSE (listed as PHS in Sharesight).
- If you’re not using Sharesight yet, sign up for a FREE account to get started.
- Add your holdings to your portfolio by searching for the relevant stock code under the market code PHS. Alternatively, you can add holdings through Sharesight’s file importer feature.
- Sharesight will automatically fill in the price history and performance valuation for your holdings by end-of-day on a daily basis. It will also backfill past dividends (and continue to add new ones as they are announced) – plus factor in the impact of any currency fluctuations on your performance.
Investing in assets on the Singapore Exchange and other global markets? Sign up for Sharesight so you can:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks in over 40 major global markets, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Automatically track your dividend and distribution income from stocks, ETFs and mutual/managed funds
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis, multi-period, multi-currency valuation and future income (upcoming dividends)
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology.
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investment performance (and tax) today.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Get ausbiz market insights in Sharesight
Stay on top of your ASX investments with convenient access to the ausbiz news feed, right in your Sharesight portfolio.
Track your Webull trades with Sharesight
If you trade via Webull, you can automatically import your trading data to Sharesight, making it easy to track the performance of your investment portfolio.