Sync trades to Sharesight from Interactive Brokers
Interactive Brokers clients worldwide can now automatically sync ongoing trades to their Sharesight portfolio simply by connecting their brokerage account using our Interactive Brokers Integration.
Once synced, Sharesight automatically calculates your portfolio performance, and factors-in the impact that foreign exchange movements, dividends, and corporate actions have on your investment returns – giving you the complete picture of your investment portfolio (and tax).
This means you’ll spend less time on portfolio admin, and more time doing what really matters – investing.
Sharesight, sometimes called ‘the investor's passport’, has always been built with the needs of international investors in mind. We make it easy for users in over 100 countries to get the full picture of their investments from over 40 stock markets around the world, all in a single place. So why did we choose to build an integration with Interactive Brokers?
Not only has Interactive Brokers been rated Best Online Broker 2019 and a Top Online Broker for Nine Consecutive Years by Barron's, but they share our view of the global investor, one not bound by geography – with the broker offering access to stocks, forex, fixed income, and ETFs in:
- 125 Markets
- 31 Countries
- 24 Currencies
Tracking the portfolios of global investors like this is what Sharesight is built for, so this made our decision to integrate with Interactive Brokers an easy one.
Not only will your Sharesight portfolio be automatically updated with every new trade with Interactive Brokers, you’ll have more time to make the most of Sharesight’s powerful features:
- Automatic price and dividend updates – Sharesight adjusts your holdings data with stock price & currency fluctuations and automatically incorporates corporate actions such as dividends and share splits into your portfolio.
- Understand your true performance – Tracking portfolio performance isn’t easy. Brokerage fees, capital gains, corporate actions and currency fluctuations all factor into your performance. Sharesight’s annualised calculation methodology provides data-driven insights to help you make better investment decisions going forward.
- Run your own tax reports – With all your portfolio data in one place, and powerful tax reports such as Taxable Income, Capital Gains Tax, Unrealised Gains and FIF, Sharesight provides everything you need to figure out your obligations at tax time – including the ability to securely share portfolio access directly with your accountant or financial advisor.
Connecting your Interactive Brokers account to Sharesight to sync ongoing transactions is easy. If you don’t already have a Sharesight account, you can get started by signing up for a free account.
Once signed up, you’ll need to request a custom username and password from Interactive Brokers to use with Sharesight so you don’t have to share your trading account login. Then you can connect your Interactive Brokers account within Sharesight.
Note: See our Interactive Brokers Integration help page for specific details on how to request an integration login and connect your account to Sharesight.
Once you’ve connected your Interactive Brokers account to Sharesight with our integration, it should take about 24 hours to import your initial account data (you will have to backfill any historical trades not in the initial sync), with ongoing trades synced daily.
If you would prefer not to connect your Interactive Brokers account to your Sharesight portfolio, you can also upload your historical trades using Sharesight's File Importer feature. This feature allows you to upload your trades with a CSV file from your broker, which is especially useful if you wish to bulk upload a large number of trades to your portfolio.
Note: For more information on the File Importer feature, see our Help page.
Now that you can automatically sync ongoing trades from your Interactive Brokers account directly to your Sharesight portfolio, what are you waiting for? Join thousands of investors from around the world using Sharesight to track their international investments and sign up to Sharesight today.
- Track all of your investments in one place, including UK and international stocks, mutual/managed funds, property and even cryptocurrency
- Automatically track your dividend and distribution income from stocks, ETFs and mutual/managed funds
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis, Future Income and Multi-Currency Valuation
- See the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investment performance (and tax) today.
How InstructAnt improves client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.
Sharesight product updates – September 2023
Major updates for the past month include the rollout of our new exposure report, plus support for five new brokers and over 80,000 Luxembourg funds.