Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – November 2022
Welcome to the November 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, trades were strongly led by the Smartshares US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. In terms of individual stocks, trades were led by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which continues to see strong demand; followed by Ryman Healthcare (NZX: RYM), which received approval to establish two new retirement villages in November. It was an ETF-heavy month overall, with 13 of the top 20 trades belonging to ETFs.
Top 20 NZX trades November 2022
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR)
- AirNZ sees strong demand continuing despite tough economic conditions
- AirNZ adopts biometric scanning for passengers
- Sets out path to net zero aviation by 2050
Ryman Healthcare (NZX: RYM)
- Ryman approved to build NZ$320 million Karori retirement village
- Strong half-yearly earnings report reveals 45% profit increase and strong Australian growth
- Ryman approved to build NZ$200 million retirement village in Mulgrave, Victoria
Mainfreight (NZX: MFT)
- Mainfreight posts strong half-yearly earnings despite tough conditions
- Share price falls despite half-year revenue growth of 32%
- COVID challenges are not over, says Mainfreight
The Warehouse Group (NZX: WHS)
- Warehouse Group announces record Q1 sales
- Does Auckland’s new CostCo store pose a threat to The Warehouse Group?
- Warehouse Group ups security measures against growing ram raids
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), capital gains tax (Australia and Canada), traders tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – May 2023
Welcome to the May 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Track Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with Sharesight
Investors can automatically track more than 100 leading cryptocurrencies in Sharesight, with prices updated every five minutes.
How SMSF trustees can get EOFY-ready
Keep reading to learn more about how Sharesight saves SMSF trustees time and money at tax time, and how trustees can get EOFY-ready with Sharesight.