Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – October 2022
Welcome to the October 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by the Smartshares US 500 (NZX: USF) and NZ Top 50 (NZX: FNZ) ETFs. In terms of equities, buy trades were led by Mainfreight (NZX: MFT), which has seen its share price surge following a recent guidance update. At the same time, sell trades were led by Air New Zealand (NZX: AIR), which continues to have problems with its newly-launched direct service to New York. It was an ETF-heavy month overall, with 13 of the top 20 trades belonging to ETFs.
Let’s look at the news behind the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Mainfreight raises half-year outlook ahead of earnings results
- Shares hit one-month high following guidance update
- Mainfreight share price surge lifts the NZ share market
- Troubles continue for AirNZ’s "direct" New York flight
- AirNZ passengers’ carbon offset rate dwindles
- AirNZ enlists non-union flight attendants from Shanghai to fill staff gaps
- Genesis Energy foresees continued support for soda ash prices
- Upgrades earnings guidance by 10% due to high rainfall
- Share price rises following guidance update
- Spark finalises sale of 70% of its mobile tower network
- Welcomes government deal to allocate 5G spectrum, boosting rural coverage
- Spark and Norwood Systems amend and extend voicemail service agreement
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Sharesight product updates – December 2023
This month, we added support for five global brokers, plus the Istanbul Stock Exchange, along with a series of UX improvements across the product.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.