Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – July 2022
Welcome to the July 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, trades were led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which is currently in the process of upgrading its Shanghai giga-factory to boost production. Trades were followed by Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which is expected to release its Q3 earnings results this week. Overall, this month’s top 20 trades were dominated by tech stocks, many of which are struggling amid rising inflation.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Tesla facing multiple lawsuits over allegations of poor build quality
- Plans to upgrade Shanghai giga-factory to boost production
- General Motors reveals plan to overtake Tesla sales in the US
- Analysts are citing low expectations ahead of Apple’s upcoming quarterly results
- Will Apple’s share price drop following its Q3 earnings announcement?
- Apple’s share price is down 17% this year
- Analysts expect weak earnings ahead of Amazon’s Q2 results
- Amazon share price drops as Walmart warns inflation is eating into its earnings
- Amazon’s share price is down 32% this year
- Meta posts first-ever revenue decline, fuelled by inflation and growing competition
- FTC sues Meta to block acquisition of VR workout app
- Meta plans to raise employee performance targets in a bid to reduce staff numbers
- Alibaba plans to move its primary listing to Hong Kong
- Fails to hit targets in global expansion plan to rival Amazon
- Plans to invest over US$100 million in Indonesia-listed telco company, Smartfren
- Rocket Lab will supply solar power units for US Space Force satellites
- Plans to create 110 new jobs in New Zealand
- US spy satellite launch on Rocket Lab booster delayed indefinitely
- Shopify cuts workforce by 10%
- Falls short of Q2 earnings estimates; issues bleak guidance
- Stock rallies despite disappointing earnings report
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.