Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – July 2022
Welcome to the July 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, trades were led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which is currently in the process of upgrading its Shanghai giga-factory to boost production. Trades were followed by Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which is expected to release its Q3 earnings results this week. Overall, this month’s top 20 trades were dominated by tech stocks, many of which are struggling amid rising inflation.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Tesla facing multiple lawsuits over allegations of poor build quality
- Plans to upgrade Shanghai giga-factory to boost production
- General Motors reveals plan to overtake Tesla sales in the US
- Analysts are citing low expectations ahead of Apple’s upcoming quarterly results
- Will Apple’s share price drop following its Q3 earnings announcement?
- Apple’s share price is down 17% this year
- Analysts expect weak earnings ahead of Amazon’s Q2 results
- Amazon share price drops as Walmart warns inflation is eating into its earnings
- Amazon’s share price is down 32% this year
- Meta posts first-ever revenue decline, fuelled by inflation and growing competition
- FTC sues Meta to block acquisition of VR workout app
- Meta plans to raise employee performance targets in a bid to reduce staff numbers
- Alibaba plans to move its primary listing to Hong Kong
- Fails to hit targets in global expansion plan to rival Amazon
- Plans to invest over US$100 million in Indonesia-listed telco company, Smartfren
- Rocket Lab will supply solar power units for US Space Force satellites
- Plans to create 110 new jobs in New Zealand
- US spy satellite launch on Rocket Lab booster delayed indefinitely
- Shopify cuts workforce by 10%
- Falls short of Q2 earnings estimates; issues bleak guidance
- Stock rallies despite disappointing earnings report
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
How InstructAnt improves client service with Sharesight and AdviserLogic
We talk to InstructAnt, a small accounting and financial planning firm that uses the Sharesight/AdviserLogic integration to improve client service.
Australian ETF distribution components now available for FY22/23
Sharesight now has updated ETF distribution component information for the FY22/23 Australian tax year for most Australian ETFs.
Sharesight product updates – September 2023
Major updates for the past month include the rollout of our new exposure report, plus support for five new brokers and over 80,000 Luxembourg funds.