Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – July 2022
Welcome to the July 2022 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, trades were led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which is currently in the process of upgrading its Shanghai giga-factory to boost production. Trades were followed by Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which is expected to release its Q3 earnings results this week. Overall, this month’s top 20 trades were dominated by tech stocks, many of which are struggling amid rising inflation.
Top 20 US stock trades July 2022
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA)
- Tesla facing multiple lawsuits over allegations of poor build quality
- Plans to upgrade Shanghai giga-factory to boost production
- General Motors reveals plan to overtake Tesla sales in the US
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL)
- Analysts are citing low expectations ahead of Apple’s upcoming quarterly results
- Will Apple’s share price drop following its Q3 earnings announcement?
- Apple’s share price is down 17% this year
Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN)
- Analysts expect weak earnings ahead of Amazon’s Q2 results
- Amazon share price drops as Walmart warns inflation is eating into its earnings
- Amazon’s share price is down 32% this year
Meta (NASDAQ: FB)
- Meta posts first-ever revenue decline, fuelled by inflation and growing competition
- FTC sues Meta to block acquisition of VR workout app
- Meta plans to raise employee performance targets in a bid to reduce staff numbers
Alibaba (NYSE: BABA)
- Alibaba plans to move its primary listing to Hong Kong
- Fails to hit targets in global expansion plan to rival Amazon
- Plans to invest over US$100 million in Indonesia-listed telco company, Smartfren
Rocket Lab (NASDAQ: RKLB)
- Rocket Lab will supply solar power units for US Space Force satellites
- Plans to create 110 new jobs in New Zealand
- US spy satellite launch on Rocket Lab booster delayed indefinitely
Shopify (NYSE: SHOP)
- Shopify cuts workforce by 10%
- Falls short of Q2 earnings estimates; issues bleak guidance
- Stock rallies despite disappointing earnings report
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Get access to Sharesight20 insights like this by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income
- Run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.
How one investor uses Sharesight to understand her true performance
Part of our Sharesight customer experience series, this video features Nikky W., an investor who has been tracking her portfolio with Sharesight since 2020.