Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks on the Nasdaq, NYSE and NYSE American market (AMEX) over the month.
In this snapshot, buy and sell trades were led by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), which experienced volatility in its share price throughout the month, ending September on a downward trend. The top trades were followed by Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), which also saw its share price decline throughout September. It was a tech-heavy month overall, with 14 of the top 20 stocks belonging to the tech, EV, e-commerce, semiconductor and aerospace industries.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Chinese headwinds may cause Tesla to fall short in upcoming earnings report
- Tesla delivery and production falls short of expectations
- Leading broker bearish on Tesla shares
- Apple’s revenue from products made in China could drop to less than a third in next five years
- Shares drop as China allegedly bans iPhone use by government officials
- Apple supply chain faces climate change threat
- Microsoft could soon see influx of profit
- Microsoft CEO says its Co-Pilot AI Assistant will be ‘as significant as the PC’
- Leading broker bullish on Microsoft shares
- Amazon to invest US$4 billion in OpenAI competitor Anthropic
- FTC sues Amazon in landmark antitrust case
- Former Microsoft executive to lead Amazon’s Devices business
- Disney plans to invest US$60 billion in parks and cruises
- Disney in talks with Nextstar to sell off ABC
- Shares hit nine-year low
- Rocket Lab revises guidance for upcoming Q3 earnings results
- Shares plummet after first failed satellite launch in two years
- Rocket Lab facing target price reduction amid market volatility
- Alibaba plans to list its logistics unit on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange; shares rise
- Shares fall as Chinese economic data weighs on Alibaba
- Alibaba shares drop as outgoing CEO quits cloud business
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), capital gains tax (Australia and Canada), traders tax (capital gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
See what’s inside your ETFs with Sharesight’s exposure report
See inside your ETFs and get the full picture of your investment portfolio's composition with Sharesight's exposure report.
How KmacD Financial streamlines reporting and saves time with Sharesight
We talk to financial planning firm KmacD Financial about how the Sharesight-AdviserLogic integration helps them save time and streamline client reporting.
Sharesight product updates – November 2023
The focus over the past month has been on implementing additional feature ideas relating to our new (beta) exposure report.