Track stocks on the London Stock Exchange with Sharesight
With Sharesight, investors can easily track more than 30,000 stocks and ETFs on the London Stock Exchange (LSE), with price and performance updates on a 15 minute delayed basis. This is in addition to Sharesight's support for key European markets such as the SIX Swiss Exchange (SWX), Deutsche Börse Frankfurt Stock Exchange (FRA) and EURONEXT, plus over 40 other global markets including leading US exchanges. Sharesight’s extensive market support allows investors from around the world to track all of their investments in one place, while providing them with powerful performance reports, dividend tracking and tax reporting features.
What is the London Stock Exchange?
The London Stock Exchange (LSE) is the primary stock exchange of the United Kingdom, as well as the biggest stock exchange in Europe. Established in 1801, the LSE is also one of the world’s oldest, most diverse and international exchanges. In 2007, the LSE merged with the Milan Stock Exchange, the Borsa Italiana, creating the London Stock Exchange Group.
Why investors should track their investments on the LSE with Sharesight
With Sharesight, investors can easily track the price and performance of stocks, ETFs and funds listed on the LSE alongside investments across multiple global markets, brokers and asset classes. By consolidating all of their investments in Sharesight, investors gain a portfolio-wide view of their investment performance, benefitting from intraday pricing for the LSE, plus advanced reporting designed for the needs of self-directed investors. In addition, Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology gives investors the complete picture of their portfolio returns by calculating the impact of capital gains, brokerage fees, dividends and foreign exchange rates on performance.
Track dividend income from LSE stocks
Unlike other portfolio trackers, Sharesight automatically tracks dividend and distribution income and includes this information when calculating your investment return. In the screenshot below for example, dividends make an important contribution to this stock’s returns, highlighting the value of a portfolio tracking solution that includes more than just capital gains in its performance calculations.
An example of an LSE stock holding with dividends contributing to 6.09% of returns.
Run powerful performance reports built for investors
For investors who want a more detailed breakdown of their portfolio’s performance, Sharesight offers a range of powerful reports including:
- Performance: Calculate your total portfolio returns over any selected period.
- Diversity: Discover how the assets in your portfolio are diversified across different investment sectors, investment types, countries and markets.
- Contribution Analysis: Measure the impact of your holdings and asset allocations on your overall portfolio performance.
- Future Income: View announced dividends and interest payments expected for investments in your portfolio.
Calculate the impact of LSE investments on your portfolio’s returns
In the screenshot below, you can see the Contribution Analysis Report (sorted by market) being used to assess the ‘weight’ of various markets in a UK investor’s portfolio. This would be particularly useful for an investor looking to compare the relative contribution of their LSE investments to the total return on their portfolio, for instance.
In this example, the LSE is the most significant contributor to the portfolio’s value, constituting 40.35% and £21,771.21, while the biggest detractor is the EURONEXT, which constitutes -21.45% and -£11,574.14. The report also includes a detailed breakdown of each individual holding’s returns, classified by market.
The Contribution Analysis Report being used on a UK portfolio with Europe-wide stocks.
How to track stocks on the LSE with Sharesight
- If you’re not using Sharesight yet, sign up for a FREE account to get started.
- Add your holdings to your portfolio by searching for the relevant stock code under the market code LSE. Alternatively, you can add holdings through Sharesight’s File Importer feature.
- Sharesight will automatically fill in the price history and performance valuation for your holdings throughout the day on a 15 minute delayed basis. It will also backfill past dividends (and continue to add new ones as they are announced) – plus factor in the impact of any currency fluctuations on your performance for international investors.
Track your investment portfolio with Sharesight
Investing in stocks on the LSE and other global markets? You need to track your investment portfolio with Sharesight so you can:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks in over 40 major global markets, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Automatically track your dividend and distribution income from stocks, ETFs and mutual/managed funds
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investment performance (and tax) today.
Top 20 NZX trades by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly NZX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the NZX.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – March 2023
Welcome to the March 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Announcing the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship's 2023 winner
We are pleased to announce the 2023 winner of the Sharesight Fintech Scholarship, Kaytlin Perkins, who is studying a Master of Professional Accounting at CQU.