Track stocks on the Nasdaq with Sharesight
With Sharesight, investors can easily track stocks and ETFs on the Nasdaq exchange, with price and performance updates on a 15 minute delayed basis. This is in addition to Sharesight's support for other US markets such as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), NYSE American (AMEX), NYSE ARCA and BATS Exchange (BATS), along with more than 40 other major global markets. This allows investors to track all of their investments in one place, while taking advantage of Sharesight’s award-winning performance, dividend tracking and tax reporting features.
The Nasdaq is a US stock exchange that was founded in 1971 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD). The world’s first electronic stock market, today the Nasdaq exchange is also the second-largest stock exchange by market capitalisation. It includes some of the world’s biggest technology companies, most notably FAANG: Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Alphabet (Google).
By tracking your Nasdaq stocks with Sharesight, you can easily monitor your investment price and performance across multiple brokers and asset classes – benefiting from Sharesight's 15 minute delayed pricing for the Nasdaq – or take advantage of Sharesight’s advanced performance and tax reporting designed for the needs of self-directed investors. Superior to the data provided by most brokers, Sharesight gives investors a true picture of their investment performance by taking into account the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, foreign exchange rates and capital gains when calculating their returns.
Unlike other portfolio trackers, Sharesight automatically tracks dividend and distribution income and includes this when calculating your investment return. In the screenshot below for example, dividends make a significant contribution to this stock’s returns, highlighting why your portfolio tracking solution needs to consider more than just capital gains when calculating performance.
For investors looking to do a deep dive into specific aspects of their portfolio performance, Sharesight offers a range of powerful reports including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends).
Pictured below is an example of the Diversity Report being used to assess a portfolio’s diversity based on market. This would be particularly useful for investors looking to evaluate the performance of their Nasdaq stocks compared to the rest of their portfolio, for instance.
- If you’re not using Sharesight yet, sign up for a FREE account to get started.
- Add your holdings to your portfolio by searching for the relevant stock code under the market code NASDAQ. Alternatively, you can add holdings through Sharesight’s File Importer feature.
- Sharesight will automatically fill in the price history and performance valuation for your holdings throughout the day on a 15 minute delayed basis. It will also backfill past dividends (and continue to add new ones as they are announced) – plus factor in the impact of any currency fluctuations on your performance.
Investing in US stocks on the NYSE or other markets? Sign up for Sharesight so you can:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks in 36 major global markets, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Automatically track your dividend and distribution income from stocks, ETFs and mutual/managed funds
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investment performance (and tax) today.