Sharesight20 top 20 trades on ASX & NZX - January 2020
Disclaimer: The below article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. Please check with your financial adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
In this Sharesight20 trading snapshot we look at the top 20 trades made by Sharesight users on both the ASX and NZX during January 2020.
We’ve also recently just published our top 20 trade data for 2019 across exchanges in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA. You can read our Sharesight20 yearly updates for 2019 here:
- Top 20 trades on the ASX in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the NASDAQ in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the NYSE in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the NZX in 2019 - Sharesight20
- Top 20 trades on the TSX/TSE in 2019 - Sharesight20
Here’s January’s top ASX and NZX trades.
In January’s Sharesight20ASX snapshot the crown for the most traded stock crown went to S&P/ASX 300 index tracking ETF Vanguard Australian Shares (ASX: VAS). In addition 3 of the most traded 4 stocks were Vanguard ETFs, all with strong buy interest from retail investors.
Like its ASX counterpart, the top two positions on the Sharesight20NZX snapshot for January went to Smartshares exchange traded funds (ETFs). The a2 Milk Company (NZX: A2M) had another strong month, and interest in Oceania Healthcare Limited continued to push it higher in our snapshot.
Get access to insights like these by tracking your investment portfolio with Sharesight. Built for the needs of investors like you:
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Sharesight automatically tracks your daily price & currency fluctuations, as well as handles corporate actions such as dividends and share splits
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Plus run tax reports including Taxable Income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Event recap: Sharesight Investor-tech Conference 2023
We summarise some of the key insights from our panel discussion at the 2023 Sharesight Investor-tech Conference, including a full video of the panel.
Top countries and brokers Aussies use to invest in global markets
Looking at data from our userbase, we delve into Aussie investors' favourite global markets and stocks, plus the brokers they use for international trades.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – September 2023
Welcome to the September 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.