Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX during the month.
In this snapshot, buy trades were strongly led by Vanguard’s Australian Shares Index ETF (ASX: VAS). In terms of individual stocks, buy trades were led by Pilbara Minerals (ASX: PLS), which continues to be targeted by short-sellers. Over the same period, sell trades were led by BHP (ASX: BHP) and Fortescue Metals (ASX: FMG), both of which saw their share prices rise throughout November.
Let’s look at the news behind some of the key stocks in this month’s snapshot:
- Short-sellers make huge bets against Pilbara Minerals
- Pilbara Minerals rumoured to be buying shares of Azure Minerals
- Share price has dropped 26% over the past six months
- Woodside CEO appears in court over violence restraining orders against climate activists
- Woodside blames poor customer uptake for slow progress on clean energy goals
- CEO warns regulation uncertainty could jeopardise WA’s energy security
- Macquarie cuts jobs as tech expenses grow
- Number of financial advisers declines, led by Macquarie Group
- Macquarie Group purchases 15% stake in insurance platform The Envest Group
- Leading broker sees upside for BHP shares due to higher-than-expected iron ore prices
- BHP share price up 10% in a month
- Could BHP dividends rebound in 2024?
- Westpac is the weakest of the big banks, says analyst
- Westpac releases strong earnings report; announces share buyback
- Share price rises on strong earnings, big dividend and AU$1.5 billion share buyback
- ANZ posts record annual profit amid rising interest rates
- ANZ shares plummet as latest earnings fall short of expectations
- ANZ still analysts’ preferred bank stock despite profit miss
- Fortescue share price rises 11% in two weeks, likely due to rising iron ore prices and strong demand expectations
- Plans to invest AU$1.14 billion in green hydrogen projects over the next three years
- Fortescue share price hits two-year high
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including performance, portfolio diversity, contribution analysis, exposure, multi-period, multi-currency valuation and future income
- Run tax reports including taxable income (dividends/distributions), Capital Gains Tax (Australia and Canada), Traders Tax (Capital Gains for traders in NZ) and FIF foreign investment fund income reports (NZ)
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investments today.
Disclaimer: The above article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a specific product recommendation, or taxation or financial advice and should not be relied upon as such. While we use reasonable endeavours to keep the information up-to-date, we make no representation that any information is accurate or up-to-date. If you choose to make use of the content in this article, you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability arising from or connected with your use or reliance on the content on our site. Please check with your adviser or accountant to obtain the correct advice for your situation.
Automatically import trades to your portfolio using email
Sharesight makes it easy to access award-winning performance and tax reporting with the ability to automatically import trades to Sharesight via email.
Track your J.P. Morgan trades with Sharesight
Investors trading with J.P. Morgan can automatically track their investment performance by importing their historical trading data to a Sharesight portfolio.
3 ways Sharesight helps Canadians at tax time
Are you a Canadian investor filing taxes for the 2023 financial year? Here are 3 Sharesight features that save Canadian investors time and money at tax time.