Track stocks on the KOSDAQ exchange with Sharesight
With Sharesight, investors can easily track more than 1,400 stocks and ETFs on the KOSDAQ exchange, with daily price and performance updates. This is in addition to Sharesight’s support for key Asian markets such as the Korea Exchange (KRX), Shanghai Stock Exchange (SHG) and Tokyo Stock Exchange (TYO), plus over 40 other global markets including leading US exchanges. Sharesight’s extensive market support allows investors from around the world to track all their investments in one place, while providing them with powerful performance reports, dividend tracking and tax reporting features.
Established in 1996, the KOSDAQ (Korean Securities Dealers Automated Quotations) is a South Korean electronic stock market that operates as the SME Market Division of the KRX. The stock exchange lists over 1,000 stocks, ETFs, bonds and REITs, including several large-cap companies. It is sometimes referred to as the "Korean Nasdaq", as it was originally benchmarked from the Nasdaq, and has a similar focus on innovative tech-driven companies.
With Sharesight, investors can easily track the price and performance of stocks listed on the KOSDAQ exchange alongside investments across multiple global markets, brokers and asset classes. By consolidating all of their investments in Sharesight, investors gain a portfolio-wide view of their investment performance, benefitting from daily price updates for the KOSDAQ, plus advanced reporting designed for the needs of self-directed investors. In addition, Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology gives investors the complete picture of their portfolio returns by calculating the impact of capital gains, brokerage fees, dividends and foreign exchange rates on performance.
Unlike other portfolio trackers, Sharesight automatically tracks dividend and distribution income and includes this information when calculating your investment return. In the screenshot below for example, dividends make an important contribution to this stock’s returns, highlighting the value of a portfolio tracking solution that includes more than just capital gains in its performance calculations.
An example of a KOSDAQ stock holding with dividends contributing 6.17% to the total return.
For investors who want a more detailed breakdown of their portfolio’s performance, Sharesight offers a range of powerful reports including:
- Performance: Calculate your total portfolio returns over any selected period.
- Diversity: Discover how the assets in your portfolio are diversified across different investment sectors, investment types, countries and markets.
- Contribution Analysis: Measure the impact of your holdings and asset allocations on your overall portfolio performance.
- Future Income: View announced dividends and interest payments expected for investments in your portfolio.
- Multi-Currency Valuation: See the value of your holdings denominated in the currency of your choice.
- Multi-Period Report: Compare your portfolio returns over different time frames to see the impact of time on your performance.
In the screenshot below, you can see the Contribution Analysis Report (sorted by market) being used to assess the ‘weight’ of various markets in a US investor’s portfolio. This would be particularly useful for an investor looking to compare the relative contribution of their KOSDAQ investments to the total return on their portfolio, for instance.
In this example, the KOSDAQ is the most significant contributor to the portfolio’s value, constituting 47.42% and $71,494,24, followed by the NYSE at 21.85% and $32,940.33. The report also includes a detailed breakdown of each individual holding’s returns, classified by market.
The Contribution Analysis Report being used on a US portfolio with US and Asian stocks.
- If you’re not using Sharesight yet, sign up for a FREE account to get started.
- Add your holdings to your portfolio by searching for the relevant stock code under the market code KOSDAQ. Alternatively, you can add holdings through Sharesight’s File Importer feature.
- Sharesight will automatically fill in the price history and performance valuation for your holdings by end-of-day on a daily basis. It will also backfill past dividends (and continue to add new ones as they are announced) – plus factor in the impact of any currency fluctuations on your performance for international investors.
Investing in stocks on the KOSDAQ and other global markets? You need to track your investment portfolio with Sharesight so you can:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks in over 40 major global markets, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Automatically track your dividend and distribution income from stocks, ETFs and mutual/managed funds
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investment performance (and tax) today.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.
Emotionally intelligent investing: How to make smarter decisions
We explain some of the common pitfalls investors face when making decisions, and what you can do to become a more emotionally intelligent investor.