Track stocks on leading Asian and European exchanges with Sharesight
With Sharesight, investors can track the price and performance of stocks, ETFs and funds in over 40 leading global markets, with the addition of the Shanghai Stock Exchange, Stock Exchange of Thailand, Moscow Exchange, Warsaw Stock Exchange and Euronext Dublin. This is alongside Sharesight’s existing support for major markets in Asia and Europe, including 9 other Asian exchanges and 14 European exchanges. With Sharesight’s extensive market support, global investors can track all of their investments in one place, along with access to Sharesight’s advanced performance reports, dividend tracking and tax reporting features.
Asian and European exchanges supported by Sharesight
Sharesight has added support for a number of exchanges in Asia and Europe, in addition to existing support for key markets such as the Hong Kong (HKEX), Tokyo (TYO), London (LSE) and SIX Swiss (SIX) stock exchanges, plus a range of other leading global markets.
Shanghai Stock Exchange
Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE)
Founded in 1990, the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) is one of two stock exchanges operating independently in mainland China, in addition to the Shenzhen Stock Exchange. It is one of the world’s largest stock exchanges in terms of market capitalisation. In Sharesight, Shanghai Stock Exchange stocks are listed under the code SHG.
Stock Exchange of Thailand
Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET)
Established in 1975, the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) is a major exchange and the only exchange operating in Thailand. It is one of the largest and most active stock exchanges among the ASEAN nations. In Sharesight, Stock Exchange of Thailand Stocks are listed under the code BKK.
Moscow Exchange (MOEX)
The Moscow Exchange (MOEX) is the largest exchange group in Russia. It was established in 2011 following the merger of the Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange (MICEX) and the Russian Trading System. In Sharesight, Moscow Exchange stocks are listed under the code MISX.
Warsaw Stock Exchange
Warsaw Stock Exchange (GPW)
Originally founded in 1817 and re-established in its current form in 1991, the Warsaw Stock Exchange (GPW) is the primary stock exchange of Poland. Warsaw Stock Exchange also operates an alternative exchange called NewConnect. In Sharesight, Warsaw Stock Exchange stocks are listed under the code WAR.
Euronext Dublin (EN Dublin)
Formerly known as the Irish Stock Exchange, Euronext Dublin (EN Dublin) is the primary stock exchange of Ireland, and has been operating since 1793. In Sharesight, Euronext Dublin stocks are listed under the code DUB.
Why investors should track their trades in global markets with Sharesight
Using Sharesight, it’s easy for investors worldwide to track the price and performance of stocks, ETFs and funds listed on the SSE, SET, MOEX, GPW and EN Dublin, along with the rest of their investments across different markets, brokers and currencies. By tracking all of their investments in Sharesight, investors gain a portfolio-wide view of their performance through Sharesight’s advanced reporting built for the needs of self-directed investors. Investors also get the full picture of their returns with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology, which includes the impact of capital gains and losses, brokerage fees, dividends and foreign exchange rates when calculating performance.
Track dividend income from stocks
Unlike other portfolio trackers, Sharesight automatically tracks dividend and distribution income and includes this information when calculating your investment return. In the screenshot below for example, dividends make a significant contribution to this stock’s returns, highlighting the value of a portfolio tracking solution that includes more than just capital gains in its performance calculations.
An example of an SHG stock where dividends contribute 20.81% in returns, which inclusive of 43.60% capital gains and -0.90% currency gain, results in a net total return of 63.51%.
Run powerful performance reports built for investors
For investors who want a more detailed breakdown of their portfolio’s performance, Sharesight offers a range of powerful reports including:
- Performance: Calculate your total portfolio returns over any selected period.
- Diversity: Discover how the assets in your portfolio are diversified across different investment sectors, investment types, countries and markets.
- Contribution Analysis: Measure the impact of your holdings and asset allocations on your overall portfolio performance.
- Multi-Currency Valuation Report: See the value of your investments denominated in the currency of your choice.
- Future Income: View announced dividends and interest payments expected for investments in your portfolio.
Calculate the impact of investments on your portfolio’s returns
In the screenshot below, you can see the Contribution Analysis Report (sorted by market) being used to assess the ‘weight’ of various markets in a portfolio including SHG, BKK, MISX, WAR and DUB stocks. This would be particularly useful for an investor looking to compare the relative contribution of their investments in a specific market to the total return on their portfolio, for instance. In this example, the BKK is the main contributor to the portfolio’s returns, constituting 43.44% and £42,003.06 (or ฿1,850,959.74).
An example of a UK tax residency portfolio invested in global markets, with returns being led by the Stock Exchange of Thailand (BKK).
How to track global stocks with Sharesight
- If you’re not using Sharesight yet, sign up for a FREE account to get started.
- To add holdings to your portfolio from Euronext Dublin or the Shanghai, Thailand, Moscow or Warsaw stock exchanges, simply search for the relevant stocks under the market code DUB, SHG, BKK, MISX or WAR. Alternatively, you can add holdings through Sharesight’s File Importer feature.
- Sharesight will automatically fill in the price history for your holdings. It will also backfill past dividends (and continue to add new ones as they are announced) – plus factor in the impact of any currency fluctuations on your performance for international investors.
Track your global investments with Sharesight
Investing in stocks across global markets? You need to track your investment portfolio with Sharesight so you can:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks in over 40 major global markets, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Automatically track your dividend and distribution income from stocks, ETFs and mutual/managed funds
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis, Multi-Currency Valuation and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investment performance (and tax) today.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.
How one investor uses Sharesight to understand her true performance
Part of our Sharesight customer experience series, this video features Nikky W., an investor who has been tracking her portfolio with Sharesight since 2020.