Track stocks on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKG) with Sharesight
With Sharesight, investors can easily track the price and performance of more than 10,000 stocks and ETFs on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKG). This is in addition to key Asian markets such as the Tokyo (TYO), Shenzhen (SHE) and Singapore (SGX) stock exchanges, along with more than 40 other leading markets including major US exchanges. Sharesight’s extensive market support enables investors worldwide to track all of their investments in one place, while providing advanced performance reports, dividend tracking and tax reporting features.
The Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKG) was originally established in 1891 as the Association of Stockbrokers in Hong Kong, before being renamed as the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 1914. The HKG is Hong Kong’s only securities and derivatives exchange, and is currently one of the world’s largest stock exchanges in terms of aggregate market capitalisation.
Using Sharesight, it’s easy for investors to track the price and performance of stocks, ETFs and funds listed on the HKG along with the rest of their investments across different markets, brokers and asset classes. By tracking all of their investments in Sharesight, investors gain a portfolio-wide view of their performance through Sharesight’s advanced reporting built for the needs of self-directed investors. Investors also get the full picture of their returns with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology, which includes the impact of capital gains and losses, brokerage fees, dividends and foreign exchange rates when calculating performance.
Unlike other portfolio trackers, Sharesight automatically tracks dividend and distribution income and includes this information when calculating your investment return. In the screenshot below for example, dividends make the most significant contribution to this stock’s returns, highlighting the value of a portfolio tracking solution that includes more than just capital gains in its performance calculations.
An example of a HKG stock holding with dividends contributing to 11.7% of a portfolio’s returns.
For investors who want a more detailed breakdown of their portfolio’s performance, Sharesight offers a range of powerful reports including:
- Performance: Calculate your total portfolio returns over any selected period.
- Diversity: Discover how the assets in your portfolio are diversified across different investment sectors, investment types, countries and markets.
- Contribution Analysis: Measure the impact of your holdings and asset allocations on your overall portfolio performance.
- Future Income: View announced dividends and interest payments expected for investments in your portfolio.
In the screenshot below, you can see the Contribution Analysis Report (sorted by market) being used to assess the ‘weight’ of various markets in a portfolio containing HKG stocks. This would be particularly useful for an investor looking to compare the relative contribution of their HKG investments to the total return on their portfolio, for instance. In this example, the HKG is the main contributor to the portfolio’s value, constituting 40.58% and AU$7,062.85 (or HK$42,303.67).
The Contribution Analysis Report being used on a portfolio with HKG stocks.
- If you’re not using Sharesight yet, sign up for a FREE account to get started.
- Add your holdings to your portfolio by searching for the relevant stock code under the market code HKG. Alternatively, you can add holdings through Sharesight’s File Importer feature.
- Sharesight will automatically fill in the price history for your holdings. It will also backfill past dividends (and continue to add new ones as they are announced) – plus factor in the impact of any currency fluctuations on your performance for international investors.
Investing in stocks on the HKG and other global markets? You need to track your investment portfolio with Sharesight so you can:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks in 40 major global markets, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Automatically track your dividend and distribution income from stocks, ETFs and mutual/managed funds
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends, and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investment performance (and tax) today.
Sharesight product updates – December 2023
This month, we added support for five global brokers, plus the Istanbul Stock Exchange, along with a series of UX improvements across the product.
Top 20 trades in US stocks by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly USA trading snapshot, where we look at Sharesight users’ top 20 trades in US stocks.
Top 20 ASX trades by Sharesight users – November 2023
Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Sharesight’s monthly ASX trading snapshot, where we look at the top 20 trades Sharesight users made on the ASX.