Track Latin American stocks with Sharesight
Sharesight’s portfolio tracker allows investors to track more than 8,500 stocks and ETFs on the Brazilian (BVMF), Mexican (BMV) and Lima (BVL) stock exchanges. Investors will benefit from automatic dividend tracking and daily price and performance updates, plus the ability to track stocks on over 40 other leading global markets including the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and Nasdaq. With Sharesight’s extensive market and broker support, investors from around the world can effortlessly track all their investments in one place, while taking advantage of powerful performance reports, dividend tracking and tax reporting features.
Latin American stock exchanges supported by Sharesight
Sharesight supports automatic price and performance updates for three leading Latin American stock exchanges.
Brazilian Stock Exchange
B3 BOVESPA (BVMF)
Founded in 1890, the Brazilian Stock Exchange, or B3 BOVESPA, is the leading exchange in Latin America. It is also one of the top 20 largest stock exchanges in the world by market capitalisation. In Sharesight, B3 BOVESPA stocks are listed under the code BVMF.
Mexican Stock Exchange
Bolsa Mexicana de Valores (BMV)
Originally referred to as the Mexican Mercantile Exchange, the Bolsa Mexicana de Valores was established in 1886. Today, it is the second-largest stock exchange in Latin America by market capitalisation. In Sharesight, Bolsa Mexicana de Valores stocks are listed under the code BMV.
Lima Stock Exchange
Bolsa de Valores de Lima (BVL)
Founded in 1860, the Lima Stock Exchange, or Bolsa de Valores de Lima, is the primary stock exchange of Peru. There are more than 250 companies listed on the exchange. In Sharesight, Bolsa de Valores de Lima stocks are listed under the code BVL.
Why investors should track their portfolio with Sharesight
Using Sharesight, it’s easy for investors worldwide to track the price and performance of stocks and ETFs listed on the BVMF, BMV and BVL, along with the rest of their investments across different markets, brokers and currencies. By tracking all of their investments in Sharesight, investors gain a portfolio-wide view of their performance through Sharesight’s advanced reporting built for the needs of self-directed investors. Investors also get the full picture of their returns with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology, which includes the impact of capital gains and losses, brokerage fees, dividends and foreign exchange rates when calculating performance.
Track dividend income from stocks
Unlike other portfolio trackers, Sharesight automatically tracks dividend and distribution income and includes this information when calculating your investment return. In the screenshot below for example, dividends make a significant contribution to this stock’s returns, highlighting the value of a portfolio tracking solution that includes more than just capital gains in its performance calculations.
Run powerful performance reports built for investors
For investors who want a more detailed breakdown of their portfolio’s performance, Sharesight offers a range of powerful reports including:
- Performance: Calculate your total portfolio returns over any selected period.
- Diversity: Discover how the assets in your portfolio are diversified across different investment sectors, investment types, countries and markets.
- Contribution Analysis: Measure the impact of your holdings and asset allocations on your overall portfolio performance.
- Multi-Currency Valuation Report: See the value of your investments denominated in the currency of your choice.
- Multi-Period Report: See the impact of time on your portfolio by comparing your returns over different periods.
- Future Income: View announced dividends and interest payments expected for investments in your portfolio.
Calculate the impact of investments on your portfolio’s returns
In the screenshot below, you can see the Contribution Analysis Report (sorted by market) being used to assess the ‘weight’ of various markets in a Brazilian investor’s portfolio including BVMF, BVL and BMV stocks. This would be particularly useful for an investor looking to compare the relative contribution of their investments in a specific market to the total return on their portfolio. In this example, the BMV is the main contributor to the portfolio’s returns, constituting 52% and R$45,908.
How to track Latin American stocks with Sharesight
- If you’re not using Sharesight yet, sign up for a FREE account to get started.
- To add holdings to your portfolio from the Brazilian, Mexican or Lima stock exchanges, simply search for the relevant stocks under the market code BVMF, BMV or BVL. Alternatively, you can add holdings through Sharesight’s File Importer feature.
- Sharesight will automatically fill in the price history for your holdings. It will also backfill past dividends (and continue to add new ones as they are announced) – plus factor in the impact of any currency fluctuations on your performance for international investments.
Track your investment performance with Sharesight
Investing in stocks in Latin America and other global markets? You need to track your investment portfolio with Sharesight so you can:
- Track all your investments in one place, including stocks in over 40 major global markets, mutual/managed funds, property, and even cryptocurrency
- Automatically track your dividend and distribution income from stocks, ETFs and mutual/managed funds
- Run powerful reports built for investors, including Performance, Portfolio Diversity, Contribution Analysis, Multi-Currency Valuation and Future Income (upcoming dividends)
- Get the true picture of your investment performance, including the impact of brokerage fees, dividends and capital gains with Sharesight’s annualised performance calculation methodology
Sign up for a FREE Sharesight account and get started tracking your investment performance (and tax) today.
What is debt recycling and how does it work?
Debt recycling is a process that can potentially make you more money by turning non-deductible debt into deductible debt. How does it work? Keep reading.
Top 50 finance and investing podcasts in 2023
The Sharesight team has put together a list of the top 50 investing, personal finance and business news podcasts worldwide.
How one investor uses Sharesight to understand her true performance
Part of our Sharesight customer experience series, this video features Nikky W., an investor who has been tracking her portfolio with Sharesight since 2020.