2016: year in review
2016 was a busy year for Sharesight! Here’s a recap of the top features, most popular articles, and new strategic partners we joined forces with last year:
If you’re a long-time Sharesight customer, then you would have noticed our enhanced investment search tool, updated industry classification data, and support of the Madrid, Milan, Bombay & India stock markets. We also added a handful of powerful enhancements, including:
- Sharesight Mobile App -- Launched back in October on the back of our Chrome Extension, our iOS/Android app lets you track your portfolio performance on the go, including capital gains, dividends and currency gains. (And our January 2017 update added further visibility into your holdings, including the ability track Xero-enabled cash accounts.)
- Custom Groups -- This powerful feature lets you organise and group your portfolio holdings according to your prefered asset allocation methodology.
- DRP residual balances tracking -- If you already use Sharesight to track your dividend reinvestment plan, you know how easy it is to automatically track dividend reinvestments. Our latest enhancement takes DRP tracking one step further by automatically tracking the residual balances that can occur with some DRPs.
- Canadian Capital Gains Tax Report -- Based on the popularity of our Australian CGT report, we knew we had to extend this powerful feature to our Canadian customers. This report calculates capital gains (and losses) made on investments according to the Canada Revenue Agency rules.
- Sharesight Pro portfolio search tool -- We added a portfolio search tool to the Sharesight Pro dashboard, making it easier for accountants and financial advisors to search and filter by client portfolio names.
From a marketing and support perspective, 2016 was the year we focused on creating valuable content for our customers. Not surprisingly, two of our most popular articles had to do with complicated corporate actions and how Sharesight helps investors properly manage them for performance and tax reporting:
- How to handle the NAB demerger and CYB IPO
- How to handle the M2 Vocus merger to account for CGT
- Making the most out of your Sharesight subscription at EOFY
- How to track a dividend reinvestment plan
- How your broker’s performance numbers mislead you
We formed exciting new strategic partnerships in 2016:
- FinTech Australia -- We joined forces with other Australian fintech companies to help make Australia the leading market for financial technology innovation in Asia, and to provide a community for our member companies to learn and collaborate.
- PwC -- As part of its PwC Next initiative, Sharesight is providing PwC with real-time, cloud-based access to their clients’ investment portfolios. This enables them to provide strategic guidance across client entities regardless of investment objectives, asset classes, or their financial institutions.
- Simply Wall St -- In addition to analyst ratios and key balance sheet data, Simply Wall St’s awesome API integration shows investors whether their stock is undervalued, yields meaningful dividends, or the strength of their underlying financials.
- Bank of Queensland and Bendigo Bank -- Our partnerships with these banks allows investors to have all their trade data automatically sent to Sharesight via our Sharesight Connect feature.
- Livewire -- Their exclusive market insights from top Australian fund managers are visible within the “news” tab of the individual holding page within all Sharesight portfolios.
- Macrovue and Six Park -- Both companies have chosen Sharesight to provide reliable performance and tax reporting to their retail investor clients.
We’re currently working on a new Help Documentation website that will be easier to navigate, especially on mobile devices. From there, we have a whole list of feature enhancements and partnerships to work on and roll-out. For the latest updates, stay tuned to our community forum and to this blog.
We also want to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and for spreading the word about Sharesight. We love hearing the many ways that Sharesight helps simplify your portfolio tracking and reporting, so please keep the feedback coming this year.